+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot get reference letter from employer

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
I have worked for the same employer under different managers (who kind of know each other) for 4 years.
I know that as soon as I request for Reference letter from my Managers or HR, my life at work will become very difficult and possibly limited.
But have Job Offer letters, Pay stubs and HR letters that confirm my position/title, salary and employment periods.

Do I need to get HR documents notarized, if they aren't signed by the head of HR (just regular HR personnel)?

Unfortunately, none of the documents I have describe my duties. I am not sure how to prove my jobs matched with the NOC.

I am sure many people in our forums have experienced something similar.
How did you build a case so that your documents matched up with your NOC?

Can I get all the documents I have notarized, and then draft job descriptions for the 3 positions I held myself and get them notarized?
Please help me out!

Tapas

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Work experience letter is very important. you need to list the duties. you will have to find a way to get the letter in the format that CIC needs.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
xpressentry said:
Work experience letter is very important. you need to list the duties. you will have to find a way to get the letter in the format that CIC needs.
I agree. I was hoping to hear ideas that our fellow members have on how I can get this.

Is it acceptable to CIC if I provide a bunch of supporting documents and then make a self notarized job description document (as in document drafter by me, notarized by notary)?

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
tapas07 said:
I agree. I was hoping to hear ideas that our fellow members have on how I can get this.

Is it acceptable to CIC if I provide a bunch of supporting documents and then make a self notarized job description document (as in document drafter by me, notarized by notary)?
You can get reference letter from your colleague and get it notarized. I have see i this forum many people has done same and even format is also available. You can modify it according to yourself.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
syconetgeek said:
You can get reference letter from your colleague and get it notarized. I have see i this forum many people has done same and even format is also available. You can modify it according to yourself.
Ok wow, that could work...
I will have to find a colleague I can trust. Thanks for the tip!

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am facing the same problem. I know the day I will also ask for such a letter from my HR they will frown and they might also refuse to issue.

One of the fellas earlier suggested me to attached the email which says that HR/Manager is refusing to give such a letter and then go ahead and notarized.

but it is difficult to put such a request in email and ask them. Not quite sure how I will overcome this problem. Any suggestion?

In this thread few people are prescribing the format in which it should be notarized, can someone share what that format is?

Thanks.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
skap27 said:
I am facing the same problem. I know the day I will also ask for such a letter from my HR they will frown and they might also refuse to issue.

One of the fellas earlier suggested me to attached the email which says that HR/Manager is refusing to give such a letter and then go ahead and notarized.

but it is difficult to put such a request in email and ask them. Not quite sure how I will overcome this problem. Any suggestion?

In this thread few people are prescribing the format in which it should be notarized, can someone share what that format is?

Thanks.
Yes, there is format, just search the forum, If I will get will but the link here.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
skap27 said:

Thanks.
Hi there.

You can follow this link for your help.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-job-description-certificate-t487385.0.html

Hope it helps

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Also this one.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/format-for-work-experience-certificate-t487387.0.html

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi guys,
I have a letter from my manager stating my job description but he can't print it on the company letterhead so he wrote it on a plain paper. Is this sufficient or do I have to get it notarized? Any advise would help

Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Bayparc said:
Hi guys,
I have a letter from my manager stating my job description but he can't print it on the company letterhead so he wrote it on a plain paper. Is this sufficient or do I have to get it notarized? Any advise would help

Thanks
Job description is not required to be printed on official letterhead.

A simple copy with stamp sign is sufficient.

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
jpv2212 said:

JPV, Sorry this might sound silly but when you say stamp sign, does that means my managers signature?

I just want to be sure. Thanks

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Bayparc said:
JPV, Sorry this might sound silly but when you say stamp sign, does that means my managers signature?

I just want to be sure. Thanks
The person who issues you that letter needs to sign this. If your manager does not issue you a job description letter, just tell him to go to h**l

All you need to do is to ask your colleague to sign that letter. If he has his own stamp, then have it on your letter, otherwise simple sign will be fine. No worries..

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
jpv2212 said:
The person who issues you that letter needs to sign this. If your manager does not issue you a job description letter, just tell him to go to h**l

All you need to do is to ask your colleague to sign that letter. If he has his own stamp, then have it on your letter, otherwise simple sign will be fine. No worries..
Thanks JPV for always being helpful.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
jpv2212 said:

@JPV, I was not aware that JD can be on plain paper? Has this worked? So effectively, if I cant get on company letterhead, then a letter from supervisor/colleague notarixed with the other details - job dates, titles, full time, location and salary and a separate letter with just the JD?

That is good to know!