+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot find a NOC code for my new position.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Hi everyone:

I have completed 13 months of my NOC required experience. Now I got promoted and cannot find a noc code for my new position, I mean there are bits and bites of it in different occupations but I cannot find my new NOC Code.

Is it OK for me to ignore my new noc code and not even claim it? I really wanna claim my 13 months of experience that I got with my old position. Can I just write a letter of explanation asking to only count the previous position experience?

I mean I have a letter with all my duties for the old position and my letter says that I got promoted to a new position, so i am not ignoring it completely I just wanna claim the experience I already had.

This form - Schedule 8: Economic Classes – Canadian Experience Class has only 1 position of mine since I am not claiming the new one, right?

Please help!!!

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
ukulele said:
Hi everyone:

I have completed 13 months of my NOC required experience. Now I got promoted and cannot find a noc code for my new position, I mean there are bits and bites of it in different occupations but I cannot find my new NOC Code.

Is it OK for me to ignore my new noc code and not even claim it? I really wanna claim my 13 months of experience that I got with my old position. Can I just write a letter of explanation asking to only count the previous position experience?

I mean I have a letter with all my duties for the old position and my letter says that I got promoted to a new position, so i am not ignoring it completely I just wanna claim the experience I already had.

This form - Schedule 8: Economic Classes – Canadian Experience Class has only 1 position of mine since I am not claiming the new one, right?

Please help!!!
The best bet is to call Employment and Social Development Canada. I am sure they will be able to help you out. Somehow, they will be able to guide you on where you appropriately fit into. If they cannot, you may discuss with your HR of the possibility of reclassifying your job title.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
ukulele said:
anyone? please!
If you post your duties, it would be easier for us to find the corresponding NOC.
And no, I would not apply without mentioning your current job. Every job has a NOC, so it shouldn't
be that big of a deal to find it.

Post your duties.

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
ukulele said:
Hi everyone:

Please help!!!

Hey friend

your fine, if you have a noc code for the 13 months you've gained then your good. That's all what matters right, you have satisfied the requirements and that's all that matters.

Just chose the NOC code closest for the new role, your application is being based on your previous role. Its the experience you gained already that Is gonna be the tool for getting your PR

so don't worry

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
OK since I am sending my application out in a few days, and I already have a letter from my employer that was not easy to get I have no time to do this all over again, you guys should know how time-consuming everything is.

My question was not about finding my NOC code, trust me, I have been reading this forum for a year and I do have an idea how to look for NOC, I was not able to find the exact one, there are close ones but my question was: CAN I REFRAIN FROM CLAIMING MY NEW JOB TITLE AS A SKILLED ONE? I am not hiding it, it is there on the background form, it is on my letter of employment as well, what I am trying to ask is can I just CLAIM MY PREVIOUS POSITION UNDER THE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED? One of the seniors told me that Schedule 8 is filled with skilled positions ONLY, the position as a cashier at starbucks, for instance (just an example i did not work at starbucks), would not go on Schedule 8 because it is not skilled. However, it will go on Background Declaration, so that is my question, can I just pretend that my new position is not skilled to avoid this extra paperwork that will take me another month and my manager's heart stroke?

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
ukulele said:
OK since I am sending my application out in a few days, and I already have a letter from my employer that was not easy to get I have no time to do this all over again, you guys should know how time-consuming everything is.

My question was not about finding my NOC code, trust me, I have been reading this forum for a year and I do have an idea how to look for NOC, I was not able to find the exact one, there are close ones but my question was: CAN I REFRAIN FROM CLAIMING MY NEW JOB TITLE AS A SKILLED ONE? I am not hiding it, it is there on the background form, it is on my letter of employment as well, what I am trying to ask is can I just CLAIM MY PREVIOUS POSITION UNDER THE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED? One of the seniors told me that Schedule 8 is filled with skilled positions ONLY, the position as a cashier at starbucks, for instance (just an example i did not work at starbucks), would not go on Schedule 8 because it is not skilled. However, it will go on Background Declaration, so that is my question, can I just pretend that my new position is not skilled to avoid this extra paperwork that will take me another month and my manager's heart stroke?

All you need is the previous one friend, you just disclose the new one on (sorry forgot which IMM NUMBER it is)
just the work history form

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
Thank you very much!

Can somebody else confirm plz? I just wanna calm down :)

Seniors, please!!!!