+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cannot apply for BOWP Online -- recommended by CIC Call Center

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi, I just got off the phone with CIC call center and had the most shocking conversation. The guy actually strongly advised me not to apply online, as he thinks CIC may reject it, for the reason that the online process "may not ask for all the required documents". To that, I told him that last year I applied for it online and it went through smoothly. He said he was surprised to hear it, but he still suggests that I do not apply online.
I then asked him if he can email me a link of where this is recommendation is made, so that I can show it to anyone who asks. So he put me on hold for 5 mins, and then he says "it's more of an internal checklist that we have which says what should not be applied online." Then I asked him if he can send me an email quoting the recommendation not to apply online. To that he says that he cannot 'modify' emails and hence cannot send it. I did not really buy that reason but I did not push it. At the end he again said to me that your online BOWP may get rejected for this reason and you may have to re-apply by paying the money all over again.

I kinda took it as a very polite scare tactic / threat. I still do not understand why the person was hesitant to put the recommendation on record on email.

And now, I am totally stumped at what to do.

Please share your experiences with the call center. And also for anyone who applied for BOWP online and got it approved in the last 1-2 months.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
This does not sound right

adipadi said:
Hi, I just got off the phone with CIC call center and had the most shocking conversation. The guy actually strongly advised me not to apply online, as he thinks CIC may reject it, for the reason that the online process "may not ask for all the required documents". To that, I told him that last year I applied for it online and it went through smoothly. He said he was surprised to hear it, but he still suggests that I do not apply online.
I then asked him if he can email me a link of where this is recommendation is made, so that I can show it to anyone who asks. So he put me on hold for 5 mins, and then he says "it's more of an internal checklist that we have which says what should not be applied online." Then I asked him if he can send me an email quoting the recommendation not to apply online. To that he says that he cannot 'modify' emails and hence cannot send it. I did not really buy that reason but I did not push it. At the end he again said to me that your online BOWP may get rejected for this reason and you may have to re-apply by paying the money all over again.

I kinda took it as a very polite scare tactic / threat. I still do not understand why the person was hesitant to put the recommendation on record on email.

And now, I am totally stumped at what to do.

Please share your experiences with the call center. And also for anyone who applied for BOWP online and got it approved in the last 1-2 months.