+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candian CGA

anilahasan

Feb 5, 2016
Hi,
My current CRS score is 423 and I have been waiting for an Ontario PNP nomination since earlier this year. My husband has completed his Canadian CGA in the meanwhile. However, the information I have gotten from WES leads me to believe that this will have no effect because it is a professional certification. Any advice will be appreciated.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're correct; a CGA won't gain you any points.

Your best bet is to wait until Ontario starts issuing PT letters again.

natasha12345

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Correct me if i am wrong but if your husband is the principle applicant he can claim 50 points under the certificate of qualification section, since his profession is a regulated one. Maybe the more senior persons here can address in further details. hope this helps :)

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natasha12345 said:
Correct me if i am wrong but if your husband is the principle applicant he can claim 50 points under the certificate of qualification section, since his profession is a regulated one. Maybe the more senior persons here can address in further details. hope this helps :)
The Certificate of Qualification is for trades.

faisaltahir

Oct 15, 2017
Sorry to resuscitate an old thread, I was reading about regulated professions on this site :

https://settlement.org/ontario/employment/professions-and-trades/regulated/how-do-i-get-a-certificate-of-qualification/

And ended up here :

https://settlement.org/ontario/employment/professions-and-trades/regulated/which-professions-are-regulated-in-ontario/

Which seems to suggest that accounting/CPA is a regulated profession. I have a CGA and was wondering whether I can claim points for this under :

7) Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province, territory or federal body?

Note: A certificate of qualification lets people work in some skilled trades in Canada. Only the provinces, territories and a federal body can issue these certificates. To get one, a person must have them assess their training, trade experience and skills to and then pass a certification exam.

Can someone please share their experience or clear it up? Is there a way to get an official word from CIC on this?

It's my first post, be gentle! and thank you for your help :)

faisaltahir

Oct 15, 2017
P.S. I have 2 bachelor's degrees and over 6 years of foreign experience so I have hit my 100 points maximum cap on skill transfer ability points and hence the extra 50 dont matter for me.

The answer would still be helpful for members with qualifications but not as much experience.