+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canda visitor visa

Jagjeet23

Sep 22, 2022
I had applied for a Canadian Visitor visa back in April 2022... Received BVL on 14/09/2022 and since then until today there is nothing ... What are the possibilities and how much time will it take for the final answer to come

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had applied for a Canadian Visitor visa back in April 2022... Received BVL on 14/09/2022 and since then until today there is nothing ... What are the possibilities and how much time will it take for the final answer to come
When did you do your biometrics? Your case has started to be processed now so you should hear about refusal/approval relatively soon.

Jagjeet23

Sep 22, 2022
confused what about the 14th of September? If you applied in April how did you do biometrics on the 1st of April?
Applied in March end got Biometric done in VFS on 30 March 2022 and received Biometric validity letter on 14/9/2022

Jagjeet23

Sep 22, 2022
Now that you have the BVL it means that processing has started so you should get a decision in September or October.
But some say that once u have a BVL and there is no Rejection in 24-48 hrs then there is a high possibility of getting it approved. Is this right ?

JackP

Sep 27, 2022
Hello everyone,I applied for a Business visa(for a business conference scheduled for September 27th-30th) online on April 29th,2022,Biometrics was done on July 4th.No update received until August 22nd which reads "Biometrics Completed" and nothing else has been heard from IRCC.Now that I was not able to attend the conference because of the delay,does anybody have a clue of whether the visa will be approved or not? Your advice is highly appreciated.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone,I applied for a Business visa(for a business conference scheduled for September 27th-30th) online on April 29th,2022,Biometrics was done on July 4th.No update received until August 22nd which reads "Biometrics Completed" and nothing else has been heard from IRCC.Now that I was not able to attend the conference because of the delay,does anybody have a clue of whether the visa will be approved or not? Your advice is highly appreciated.
If you meet the requirements, the application can still be processed, regardless of whether the event for which you applied for a visa is past.
But why did it take you 9 weeks to get your biometric done after submitting your application. The date you do your biometric is considered the date of submission of your application or the date your application was complete. Processing would not commence until after you have given your biometric information. So, if you are counting how long it has taken to process your application, you should start counting from July 4.

JackP

Sep 27, 2022
If you meet the requirements, the application can still be processed, regardless of whether the event for which you applied for a visa is past.
But why did it take you 9 weeks to get your biometric done after submitting your application. The date you do your biometric is considered the date of submission of your application or the date your application was complete. Processing would not commence until after you have given your biometric information. So, if you are counting how long it has taken to process your application, you should start counting from July 4.
Sorry,the Application was done on June 29th,not April 29th

Ivanco

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
@Alwayssuccessful! I appllied for my husbands visiting visa june 8th and biometrics was doneon june 15th...can i raise a webform for him,do you think it will affect his application...pls i need your advice,Thanks

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
@Alwayssuccessful! I appllied for my husbands visiting visa june 8th and biometrics was doneon june 15th...can i raise a webform for him,do you think it will affect his application...pls i need your advice,Thanks
You can raise a web form form if you are the one who submitted his application and if he signed a Use of Representative form in your favour. If he didn’t sign a Use of Rep form but you used an email address that you have access to, you can send a web form as if he is the one sending it in his name.

Raising a web form will not affect his application. But you would be lucky to receive a reply from IRCC. June is still too recent in my opinion. I have one for a spouse that is pending since April 5 and it’s not even being reviewed for eligibility.

You may try with a web form, but it doesn’t affect anything in terms of expedited processing. If you are in Canada, you can apply for the visa officer’s GCMS notes under the Access to Information and Privacy Act (ATIP) to know what they are saying and the stage where the application processing is. It takes minimum of 30 days to process an ATIP request.

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: Ivanco