+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelling eTA application

Kookaburra

Aug 17, 2016
Does anyone have experience cancelling a eTA application which appears stalled and in limbo and then reapplying

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
How long has it been in limbo, do you have any special conditions that might be subject to review ?

A quick google comes back with this although if you fill out again with same answers might take just as long http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1088&top=16

Kookaburra

Aug 17, 2016
In limbo one week. I ticked the box for previously applying to stay in Canada as I was a PR 17 years ago. I now realise that my PR is still active but I applied for a eTA thinking I would have lost my status given the time passed. I have decided to voluntarily renounce my PR status as I cannot see how I meet the requirements.

timbo_aus

Aug 14, 2017
In limbo one week. I ticked the box for previously applying to stay in Canada as I was a PR 17 years ago. I now realise that my PR is still active but I applied for a eTA thinking I would have lost my status given the time passed. I have decided to voluntarily renounce my PR status as I cannot see how I meet the requirements.
Hey I know it has been a while, but did you try this? Did it work?