August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hi everyone.

I'd like to ask members who had the same experience like us to kindly give us inputs and what they did.

After working for 4 years in Toronto, My fiancé got his PR last February 2016. Now we wanted to get married and build a life in the UK which is his home country. My question is:

1.) do we need to cancel our PR status in Canada before we move to England?
2.) is there such thing as "proper exit" in Canada?

Please let me know your experience and things you did that we should consider.

Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
1)no need unless really want to to renounce PR and who knows what might happen in the 3 years out of the country before the residency obligation becomes an issue.

Once PR card expires then if your fiance wants to fly back to Canada for any reason will need a PRTD which if failing residency obligation at the time that will be highlighted. Ultimately it is a personal choice to renounce PR but many people only do so when really reaches a point they have to should they want to fly back to the country for any reason and obtaining a PRTD gets complicated due to not meeting residency.

2) others can comment but apart from meeting any tax obligations nothing special in leaving the country , there isnt even any check by immigration who is leaving anyway.

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?