+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled - PR application and misleading reasons

vgm10689

May 29, 2019
My application got cancelled for the following reasons listed by IRCC
  • - Police Certificate:
The Police certificate from Australia is not acceptable as it does not include the Full License History Search (for residents of Victoria only). This document is required based on address/background history from date to date. It appears you resided six months or more in that region. Please refer to the CIC website. You will find the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
  • - Education Credentials:
o An Education Credential Assessment (ECA) was not included with your electronic application. Under the Federal Skilled Worker program applicants must provide either proof of Canadian education credentials or obtain an ECA, along with proof of foreign education credentials. Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete.

o You have not provided a certified translation of your education credential(s). Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete.​

I understand the PCC reason because it was dumb of me not to have attached the driver's license history which in fact I had it with me.

I do not understand the ECA reason since I have already submitted the reference number in my express entry profile and the application as required. They expressly state that the copy of ECA is not required unless requested at a later date. See below. The personalized checklist has nothing written about ECA for me.

I also got my degrees in english speaking countries so why do they need translation is beyond me? This is very misleading. I will go ahead and attach the ECA in the new application and should I ignore the translation? I wish they just requested that single driver license doucment which would have taken me seconds to upload. Now I just lost a month on this process, oh well.

Anyone have had similar experience?

"obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed."

"Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.

• A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date."

lina_ballerina

May 17, 2018
Just re-attach all the documents (and any additional documents to support) and include a letter with all the points they have mentioned and your response/ explanation for each. If your degree is 100% in English then I can't see what translation they need. Sounds like an error on their part which is rare but no unheard of. I wouldn't worry too much. But send asap

vgm10689

May 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply. I am going to do just that. I'd have to wait until the next draw. Docs are 100% in English, yes. Looks like someone just copy pasted.
Just re-attach all the documents (and any additional documents to support) and include a letter with all the points they have mentioned and your response/ explanation for each. If your degree is 100% in English then I can't see what translation they need. Sounds like an error on their part which is rare but no unheard of. I wouldn't worry too much. But send asap

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
I've read somewhere on this forum the other day that, apparently, sometimes the reference number for ECA and/or IELTS results does not carry over from EE profile to PR application (likely a technical glitch). That could be what happened and would explain why they were looking for a ECA report. This is why it's not required but often recommended on this forum to attach ECA and IELTS scans under the Education document, just in case. But of course it could also be simply human error.

vgm10689

May 29, 2019
Do you have a link to a comprehensive list so I can make sure I got everything covered with my new application?
I've read somewhere on this forum the other day that, apparently, sometimes the reference number for ECA and/or IELTS results does not carry over from EE profile to PR application (likely a technical glitch). That could be what happened and would explain why they were looking for a ECA report. This is why it's not required but often recommended on this forum to attach ECA and IELTS scans under the Education document, just in case. But of course it could also be simply human error.

Basvandepol

Aug 13, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-04-2019
Med's Done....
05-17-2019
  • - Police Certificate:
The Police certificate from Australia is not acceptable as it does not include the Full License History Search (for residents of Victoria only). This document is required based on address/background history from date to date. It appears you resided six months or more in that region. Please refer to the CIC website. You will find the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
o An Education Credential Assessment (ECA) was not included with your electronic application. Under the Federal Skilled Worker program applicants must provide either proof of Canadian education credentials or obtain an ECA, along with proof of foreign education credentials. Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete.

o You have not provided a certified translation of your education credential(s). Applications submitted without these mandatory documents cannot be considered complete.​

I understand the PCC reason because it was dumb of me not to have attached the driver's license history which in fact I had it with me.

I do not understand the ECA reason since I have already submitted the reference number in my express entry profile and the application as required. They expressly state that the copy of ECA is not required unless requested at a later date. See below. The personalized checklist has nothing written about ECA for me.

I also got my degrees in english speaking countries so why do they need translation is beyond me? This is very misleading. I will go ahead and attach the ECA in the new application and should I ignore the translation? I wish they just requested that single driver license doucment which would have taken me seconds to upload. Now I just lost a month on this process, oh well.

"obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed."

"Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.

• A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date."
Wow that’s odd. They clearly say you don’t have to upload a copy unless they ask dor it at a later date. How long did they take before they refused your application? I’m in a similar boot. I have just sent them ECA’s after the fact. My AOR was April 4th

kotvir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-03-2018
Doc's Request.
22-07-2019
Nomination.....
28-11-2017
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
12-03-2019
Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
  • - Police Certificate:

Hi Any update on your case ?