+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled Oath due to strike action - Let's meet here.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hey! I’m assuming all of these ceremonies got impacted by the strike that happened last month? I was checking the most recent cases on the Immitracker citizenship tracker and it looks like there are a couple of people who did their ceremony this month https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker. Maybe just wait for the email to come in? I’m assuming they need to reschedule everyone
Yeah. They automatically reschedule. You can call IRCC customer service to make sure. They have more up-to-date info than the tracker.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify on below ?

how long it will take for the e-certificate to be available to download after oath?

once I download the e-certificate, is it possible for me to apply for passprt same day or next day in passprt office ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify on below ?

how long it will take for the e-certificate to be available to download after oath?

once I download the e-certificate, is it possible for me to apply for passprt same day or next day in passprt office ?
Based on previous experience that was shared (2-3 days). Yes you should be able to apply passport with a copy of the e-certificate.

Reactions: senhari2005

alyxdv

Mar 28, 2018
My tracker says that my oath ceremony is scheduled for May 19th. Anybody has the same date? I still have not received any invitation email...

haaahmere

Jun 9, 2023
hi. Has anyone who was affected by the strike (April 26th oath date specifically) NOT been rescheduled yet? Niagara office. not sure what is taking so long :(

azizmeer100

Jan 16, 2023
I am in the same boat. Wonder what's taking them so long to reschedule. I was scheduled on 26th April virtually through the Niagara office and waiting since. Please update once you get any news about your scheduling.

upadhyay

Feb 18, 2015
I am in the same boat. Wonder what's taking them so long to reschedule. I was scheduled on 26th April virtually through the Niagara office and waiting since. Please update once you get any news about your scheduling.
I was just like your position. I was keep calling IRCC every 10 days and filled out contact form as well.

After that my oath ceremony reschedule for July 1. I am from Edmonton.

azizmeer100

Jan 16, 2023
hi. Has anyone who was affected by the strike (April 26th oath date specifically) NOT been rescheduled yet? Niagara office. not sure what is taking so long :(
Let me know if you hear anything from the Niagara Falls office or if you get your oath invitation. I will do the same. All other offices seem a lot more active!