+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled Oath due to strike action - Let's meet here.

Maryalen_M

May 4, 2023
Hi friends, Did any one have oath ceremony on May 4th or 3th?? I have ceremony on May 10th. I am on business mission and I should come back for the oath. but I am not sure if my ceremony will cancel or not?!

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
My spouse's oath ceremony was scheduled on April 21 (the third day of the strike) and cancelled. Yesterday there was a ghost update in the tracker and I called IRCC toll free number this morning. Although the tracker hasn't shown any real update yet, the agent on the phone told me that the ceremony was rescheduled to May 11 and my spouse should receive a new Notice to Appear by next Monday. The application is processed by Vancouver office.

offers

May 1, 2023
have you received any Notice to Appear yet? Hope everything is smooth for your ceremony.

I just got scheduled on the 17th of May but I've yet to receive the official Notice To Appear yet. Update just happened few minutes ago. Vancouver office HAS YET to reply to any of my emails.
Did you see the update in the portal you mean? I got a ghost update yesterday. but nothing after that. I was originally scheduled to have it on May3. so the ghost update would probably mean they are rescheduling mine and it should appear in sometime/ or a couple days.

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
Yes, I have already received the notice/email to appear on May 10th, but my tracker is yet to be updated
I emailed vancouver office and they sent me my NTA in a matter of hours. I guess they are cutting back on their emails.

So my business with IRCC is now concluded and it is now up to me to attend my ceremony to complete this.

Good luck everyone.

harrysummer

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
My spouse's oath ceremony was scheduled on April 21 (the third day of the strike) and cancelled. Yesterday there was a ghost update in the tracker and I called IRCC toll free number this morning. Although the tracker hasn't shown any real update yet, the agent on the phone told me that the ceremony was rescheduled to May 11 and my spouse should receive a new Notice to Appear by next Monday. The application is processed by Vancouver office.
New Notice of Appear received tonight! It looks like everyone is rescheduled ~20 days from their original date.

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Did you see the update in the portal you mean? I got a ghost update yesterday. but nothing after that. I was originally scheduled to have it on May3. so the ghost update would probably mean they are rescheduling mine and it should appear in sometime/ or a couple days.
That's how it happened with us. Ghost update a couple of days before the tracker displayed the rescheduled date. Still no invite but the phone-line agent said to expect it over the next few days, and to call 1 week before the oath date if no email is forthcoming.