+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled Oath due to strike action - Let's meet here.

FromLondonON

May 2, 2023
Read the email received on May 1st again and found that in the French version it said May 2 ceremony was cancelled, but in the English version (which I guess most recipients read) said May 1st.
Brilliant!
I had the exact same thing. My ceremony was scheduled for May 2 and the email said my May 1st ceremony was cancelled in the English one. It was very confusing!

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hello,

Due to the strike action, your Citizenship event planned for May 1st, 2023 at 8:15 is cancelled. We will reschedule your event as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is an automated email, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY.

Bonjour

En raison de la grève, votre évènement de citoyenneté planifié le 2 mai, 2023 à 8h15 est annulé. Nous reprogrammerons votre événement dès que possible. Nous nous excusons pour ces inconvénients et vous remercions pour votre compréhension.

Ceci est un message automatisé, VEUILLEZ NE PAS RÉPONDRE.
Did you call them?
I emailed them, got rescheduled for May 10th now through Vancouver office

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
thank you for your response, are you still in Canada or already went back to Singapore?, I emailed the Vancouver office on Tuesday, hoping to hear something today, did anyone get reschedule email from Vancouver office?
I'm in Singapore... I didn't even fly cuz I kinda guessed it'd be cancelled. Costed me a C$300 to cancel my flight though.

When did you email them and when did they respond? I've not seen their response to ANY of my emails yet.

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
I also sent email to the same Vancouver office yesterday morning but no response from them. Did u mention any urgency?
Yes, I work in the UK and came to Canada especially for my oath for 26th April, which was cancelled, therefore I requested them to schedule my oath asap, as I need to go back to join work, I shared proof of employment in UK and my boarding pass from London to Calgary.

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hi Kapoor, thanks for sharing. Can I check whether your tracker has been updated w the date of your ceremony?

For my case it'd be a little tricky i'd need a notification like 2 weeks in advance for my employer.
Tracker is not updated yet, still says April 26th, but received formal email with the attachment regarding all the information to attend oath ceremony on May 10th.

cssa

Feb 19, 2018
New oath date: May 15th in the tracker (email yet to receive).
Old oath date: 25th April. Vancouver office.