+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled Oath due to strike action - Let's meet here.

offers

May 1, 2023
I called them just now. They have rescheduled mine to May 10th 1 pm Mountain Time(Calgary Office). Originally scheduled for April 26th. Email should arrive shortly.
Were you able to get it resceduled on the call or they just informed that you it is already rescheduled?

vancouver7132

May 2, 2023
Were you able to get it resceduled on the call or they just informed that you it is already rescheduled?
I did not, I just told him that I really need it to know if my ceremony was tomorrow to tell my boss that I will miss work that day, he put me on hold for 5 minutes and later told me that he spoke with the vancouver office and that unless you get an email they will not follow the tracker so I will not have a ceremony tomorrow and that they will email me with the correct date later on.

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hello, my original oath ceremony was scheduled for 26th April and was cancelled, I work in the UK and travelled especially to Canada just to attend my oath ceremony, I am stuck here now and need to go back to UK to join work, my office is Vancouver although my home town in Calgary, I have already emailed both Calgary and Vancouver offices requesting urgent scheduling due to my situation. Can someone guide me what else I can do to get the Oath scheduled asap.

Evixfel

Apr 6, 2017
Hello, my original oath ceremony was scheduled for 26th April and was cancelled, I work in the UK and travelled especially to Canada just to attend my oath ceremony, I am stuck here now and need to go back to UK to join work, my office is Vancouver although my home town in Calgary, I have already emailed both Calgary and Vancouver offices requesting urgent scheduling due to my situation. Can someone guide me what else I can do to get the Oath scheduled asap.
Date ceremony scheduled: April 27th
Visual/In person : Virtual
Oath received from Location: Vancouver.

Hi Kapoor, just like you I'm working overseas... but I'm currently located WAAAY further.... In Singapore. I kinda NEED a 3 weeks notice in advance for work reasons.

I've emailed the vancouver office 24 hours ago about my circumstances... their usual turn around time for replies is usually 48 hours so let's see. I'm not gonna try calling cuz I know how clogged their hotlines are.

If there's anyone who receive a response from the vancouver office please kindly let us know here. Thank you...!

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Date ceremony scheduled: April 27th
Visual/In person : Virtual
Oath received from Location: Vancouver.

Hi Kapoor, just like you I'm working overseas... but I'm currently located WAAAY further.... In Singapore. I kinda NEED a 3 weeks notice in advance for work reasons.

I've emailed the vancouver office 24 hours ago about my circumstances... their usual turn around time for replies is usually 48 hours so let's see. I'm not gonna try calling cuz I know how clogged their hotlines are.

If there's anyone who receive a response from the vancouver office please kindly let us know here. Thank you...!
thank you for your response, are you still in Canada or already went back to Singapore?, I emailed the Vancouver office on Tuesday, hoping to hear something today, did anyone get reschedule email from Vancouver office?

Reactions: Evixfel

kapoor619

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Just got a ghost update this morning. Previous ceremony was scheduled for April 28th, Mississauga office.
Yes I also saw my application was updated May 3rd, but no actual updates, my oath was 26th April, no updates regarding rescheduling.

gogisk

Dec 23, 2017
Oath ceremony previously scheduled for May 1 was cancelled due to strike. Tracker updated to show oath now scheduled for May 31. SCR office.
Same for me too...

I had my oath ceremony scheduled for May 1, it is now rescheduled to May 31 and tracker was updated today. Processing office Scarborough.

Reactions: dollygirl

offers

May 1, 2023
Yes I also saw my application was updated May 3rd, but no actual updates, my oath was 26th April, no updates regarding rescheduling.
My oath is was originally supposed to be today. I have a ghost update dated today. Still no link or confirmation of any sought. Do you know the email address for the Vancouver office? Is it the same one which sent us the citizensip test instructions?