+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled Oath due to strike action - Let's meet here.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Can someone please tell me what made them cancel the ceremony that was scheduled today May 2nd @ 10 a.m. since the strike has ended and they were told to go back to work now. Then why did they cancel today's oath ceremony???
Looks like the prioritizing certain cancelled appointments ,the first week of the strike applicants.

inderbirdeol

Jun 4, 2015
So annoyed!

Applied for citizenship Jan 2022 and did my test Sep 2022.

Finally for an Oath invitation on April 13, 2023 scheduled for May 2nd 2023.

Logged in the event today to be finally over with this whole process to find out the oath was cancelled due to strike without any prior notice.

Emailed Niagara IRCC explaining the whole situation as I'll be travelling soon.

Tried to call the 18882422100 number but it disconnects after playing the automated message.

Arghhhhhh not sure what to do.

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Oath ceremony schedule on 26th april was cancelled. Virtual and calgary office. Emailed them and got an automated email that they dont respond to this email and will update my file if needed in 3 day whatever that means. Lets see.
Any response from the Calgary office yet? Mine was April 26th too.

Anuja08

May 2, 2023
Date ceremony scheduled: April 20th
Visual/In person : Virtual
Oath received from Location: Scarborough
Cancellation email: April 19th
Emailed SCR office : May 1st have a booked vacation for June 4th and attached my flight conformation.
Reply Email: May 2nd instructions that my oath is change to in person
New Oath date in person : May 12th
Hi, I had called an IRCC agent yesterday. My oath ceremony was on April25th and i am travelling on June 28th. My PR card is also expiring before the end of my trip. Can you please tell me which email did you use for informing SCR office?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this reply from NGF office this morning

Good Day

We are currently in the process of rescheduling everyone that has unfortunately missed their Oath of Citizenship Ceremony due to the strike action and knowing that many people all have circumstances to deal with. You should receive your Notice to Appear in due course as we are focusing on those individuals first.

Please monitor your e-mails, and junk folder as well as sometimes they do end up in there

Regards,
Citizenship Official

IRCC Citizenship Program

Niagara Falls
Wow... NGF actually replied... :oops:

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Called IRCC, got to know that my Oath is scheduled on 11th May (virtually), my first oath which was cancelled was 20th April (Mississauga office), she told me she will drop them a note to send me the email.
now waiting for the email or tracker update to confirm

Reactions: harrysummer

IOI1984

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Looks like calling IRCC sets things in motion, how long are the call wait times? I don't want to wait 2 hours on the phone haha

vancouver7132

May 2, 2023
@vancouver7132 and @ZahabiaTaha I did. They told me to look out for an email but havent received anything yet
I finally got them to answer me, the officer from ircc told me that there won't be a ceremony tomorrow and that they will contact me with the new date later, but they say that since I did not have an invitation letter I was not going to be in the ceremony tomorrow

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Can someone please tell me what made them cancel the ceremony that was scheduled today May 2nd @ 10 a.m. since the strike has ended and they were told to go back to work now. Then why did they cancel today's oath ceremony???
When the strike was ended they have 13 days back log of previously scheduled and cancelled ceremonies to clear..

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Date ceremony scheduled: May 8th
Visual/In person : Virtual

I have not received any cancellation notice. Crossing my fingers and hoping the ceremony will proceed as the strike has ended.

Last edited:

offers

May 1, 2023
I finally got them to answer me, the officer from ircc told me that there won't be a ceremony tomorrow and that they will contact me with the new date later, but they say that since I did not have an invitation letter I was not going to be in the ceremony tomorrow
So basically there is simply no ceremony tomorrow for anyone. right?

vancouver7132

May 2, 2023
So basically there is simply no ceremony tomorrow for anyone. right?
I don't know if there is not a ceremony for anyone tomorrow, what he told me is that if you did not get an invitation email then the date on the tracker is not official and they will move it to later