+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled hearings because of Covid

mrs waseem

Star Member
Dec 13, 2009
I hope you get some good news soon ❤
May i ask.. What day were you scheduled before covid?
I'm sorry i couldn't get wht u want to ask ?
I got hearing notice by september and my hearing was scheduled in person in october .not postponed but I'm in extreme tensed situation waiting for my notice of decision

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I'm sorry i couldn't get wht u want to ask ?
I got hearing notice by september and my hearing was scheduled in person in october .not postponed but I'm in extreme tensed situation waiting for my notice of decision
I hope you will get good news

Nelan

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
As of November 20, 2020, IRCC Etobicoke cancelled all interviews for refugee claimants given the rise of COVID-19 cases
In Montreal on 17 th December the hearings are postponed too . These are due to the
directions issued by the courts on SOGIE .
On Gender sensitive issues they are reconsidering all gender sensitive hearings done in 2018 ,2019 etc for 100 cases again .
So all the hearings are cancelled .
In future the hearings will be on videoconferencing in most of the case.

Zainab umer

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Wh
In Montreal on 17 th December the hearings are postponed too . These are due to the
directions issued by the courts on SOGIE .
On Gender sensitive issues they are reconsidering all gender sensitive hearings done in 2018 ,2019 etc for 100 cases again .
So all the hearings are cancelled .
In future the hearings will be on videoconferencing in most of the case.
At u mean they r reconsidering gender sensitive hearing

cyberlink

Aug 10, 2020
I just claimed october 2019
Get the file review letter on decembef 2019 and send the supporting document 1 week later.
No news till november 2020 and my lawyer had a call that they put me on virtual short hearing on late feb 2021,
But he says there is a high chance to get approved without hearing yet.
4 friends of mine get approved without hearing this month.
It seems that they are trying to finish the cases that waited more then 2 year first even without hearings.

It seems that there is not any queue or order and its all by chance to get hearings and file reviews.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just claimed october 2019
Get the file review letter on decembef 2019 and send the supporting document 1 week later.
No news till november 2020 and my lawyer had a call that they put me on virtual short hearing on late feb 2021,
But he says there is a high chance to get approved without hearing yet.
4 friends of mine get approved without hearing this month.
It seems that they are trying to finish the cases that waited more then 2 year first even without hearings.

It seems that there is not any queue or order and its all by chance to get hearings and file reviews.
Unless it is clear that a person is a refugee nobody will be approved even if they waited 2 years. There are some files that are over 2 years old that would be considered as expedited but the system to process them faster was not in place yet. It has only been 13 months since you claimed asylum and give covid your file is being processed very quickly.