+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelled eTA

doncisne

Oct 12, 2018
Hi guys, I'm so worry, last month I got my eTA, but the first week of October I had to renovate my passport and I think that's the reason why I received an e-mail that says:

Name: MONICA FIGUEROA GARCIA

Passport Number : G2007721

eTA Number : J50833171

Following an assessment of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been cancelled.

Your application has been cancelled for the following reason(s):
You have misrepresented or withheld material facts relating to a matter that induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which would render you inadmissible to Canada as per section 40(1)(a).

Your file is now closed. Should you wish to reapply for an eTA, we encourage you to do so only once you have addressed the reason(s) for the cancellation of your application. At that time, you may submit a new application atwww.canada.ca/eTA.

You are no longer considered to hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada by air. If you do decide to travel to Canada, you may experience delays or be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.
I do not what's next guys. I'm from Mexico

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to apply for a new eTA if your passport has changed.

Reactions: doncisne

Fedi aydi

Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys, I'm so worry, last month I got my eTA, but the first week of October I had to renovate my passport and I think that's the reason why I received an e-mail that says:

Name: MONICA FIGUEROA GARCIA

Passport Number : G2007721

eTA Number : J50833171

Following an assessment of your file, it has been determined that you no longer meet the requirements for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). As a result, your eTA has been cancelled.

Your application has been cancelled for the following reason(s):
You have misrepresented or withheld material facts relating to a matter that induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which would render you inadmissible to Canada as per section 40(1)(a).

Your file is now closed. Should you wish to reapply for an eTA, we encourage you to do so only once you have addressed the reason(s) for the cancellation of your application. At that time, you may submit a new application atwww.canada.ca/eTA.

You are no longer considered to hold a valid eTA. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada by air. If you do decide to travel to Canada, you may experience delays or be prevented from boarding your flight and/or entering Canada.
I do not what's next guys. I'm from Mexico
Hi my girlfriend she had same problem like youand she recive the same email
Please can you tell me what you do to fix this ??

frange

May 25, 2018
Your ETA is linked to your passport number and they have approximately the same duration.
If the passport number change and your ETA is canceled since they link together.
You have to request a new ETA which will link to your new passport number. Nothing to worry about if it cancellation is due to passport change.

Reactions: doncisne

doncisne

Oct 12, 2018
Your ETA is linked to your passport number and they have approximately the same duration.
If the passport number change and your ETA is canceled since they link together.
You have to request a new ETA which will link to your new passport number. Nothing to worry about if it cancellation is due to passport change.
Thank you,
I ' m still trying yo fix my problem with the help of a lawyer.

frange

May 25, 2018
Thank you,
I ' m still trying yo fix my problem with the help of a lawyer.
You don't need a lawyer to fix that. As I said before, your ETA is linked to your passport number for the passport validity. If the passport expires or change, the ETA is automatically cancelled. In this case, it is cancelled without prejudice.

In this case, what you have to do is to request a new ETA for your new passport number. You have to make the same steps as before. go online and do exactly what you have done for your first ETA with your new passport number.

However if you did something wrong, overstay, visa fraud or something else; then a lawyer is important.

doncisne

Oct 12, 2018
You don't need a lawyer to fix that. As I said before, your ETA is linked to your passport number for the passport validity. If the passport expires or change, the ETA is automatically cancelled. In this case, it is cancelled without prejudice.

In this case, what you have to do is to request a new ETA for your new passport number. You have to make the same steps as before. go online and do exactly what you have done for your first ETA with your new passport number.

However if you did something wrong, overstay, visa fraud or something else; then a lawyer is important.
I have an appointment with a lawyer next Friday, because the e mail I receibed mentuon the word "MISREPRESENTATION" so, I think is an important issue.
I hope she can do something for me.

frange

May 25, 2018
I have an appointment with a lawyer next Friday, because the e mail I receibed mentuon the word "MISREPRESENTATION" so, I think is an important issue.
I hope she can do something for me.
I think it is a generic message to those who are in the same situation like that. If you are paranoid and ready to pay a useless legal service: Go with it.
Your passport has changed, your ETA has to be. By the rules an ETA number is linked to one passport number. If the number is changed then the ETA number is void. You just have to request a new ETA with your new passport. That's it...
The message that you received is a generic which explains probable causes of an ETA cancellation.

doncisne

Oct 12, 2018
OMG
You're probably right, I do know anything about this topic so I got scared so I decided to ask a professional. I hope things are as simple as you think.

Thank you for replying.

frange

May 25, 2018
OMG
You're probably right, I do know anything about this topic so I got scared so I decided to ask a professional. I hope things are as simple as you think.

Thank you for replying.
You can be scared if you have mis-used your ETA. However if it's clean; nothing to worry about.... Just request a new one for $7 with your new passport .
You know yourself; go ahead with what you thank.