kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
My friend got this email can any body answer this genuine or fake

Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:52 AM
Subject: Cancellation of your Temporary Resident Visa for Canada
To: KAMRANOORSHEIKH@gmail.com

Dear Mr. Sheikh,

Based on information found during an open source search, I have determined that you may not meet the requirements for a temporary resident. As such, your visa has been cancelled. You should not attempt to travel with this visa.

You applied for a visa in 2014 to travel to Canada for tourism. In August 2017, you indicated on www.canadavisa.com that you wish to apply for asylum in Canada. Foreign nationals who wish to remain permanently in Canada must apply for a permanent resident visa. Based on this information, I am not satisfied that you would be an genuine temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of an authorized stay, and am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements for a Temporary Resident Visa.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to the concerns I have raised above. Please reply to this email within 10 days. If we do not receive a reply, the decision to cancel your visa will stand.
Regards,
Migration Program Manager/Gestionnaire de programme de migration

IRCC Riyadh

Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canad

asish1073

Dec 21, 2017
I also got trv refuse from CIC.
As per my experience it was fake.
I never got this type mail. It send via letter in curiour

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
I also got trv refuse from CIC.
As per my experience it was fake.
I never got this type mail. It send via letter in curiour

Dear Mr. Sheikh,

Based on information found during an open source search, I have determined that you may not meet the requirements for a temporary resident. As such, your visa has been cancelled. You should not attempt to travel with this visa.

You applied for a visa in 2014 to travel to Canada for tourism. In August 2017, you indicated on www.canadavisa.com that you wish to apply for asylum in Canada. Foreign nationals who wish to remain permanently in Canada must apply for a permanent resident visa. Based on this information, I am not satisfied that you would be an genuine temporary resident who would depart Canada at the end of an authorized stay, and am therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements for a Temporary Resident Visa.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to the concerns I have raised above. Please reply to this email within 10 days. If we do not receive a reply, the decision to cancel your visa will stand.
Regards,

IRCC Riyadh

If he has CIC account let him check there... for sure visa status will be updated there.. it seems this is genuine email.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

Dear Mr. Sheikh,

Regards,

IRCC Riyadh

Reply to this email using exactly the same email address as it quotes above. "RYADHVISA@international.gc.ca".

That is a Government of Canada email server and not one that can be easily spoofed by a scammer. Even if the recipient name is a fake, it will get rejected as not a valid email account. It's unlikely to ever end up in a scammers inbox, unless this is an "inside job". For what it's worth, I believe that the email address quoted in the email header is valid and that any response from that address is also official.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that IRCC would not use information from this and other forums, especially if that information is brought to their attention by a third party. It's quite possible that they were contacted by someone who saw the original August 2017 post and reported it.

Last edited:

Teolo28

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
Reply to this email using exactly the same email address as it quotes above. "RYADHVISA@international.gc.ca".

That is a Government of Canada email server and not one that can easily spoofed by a scammer. Even if the recipient name is a fake, it will get rejected as not a valid email account. It's unlikely to ever end up in a scammers inbox, unless this is an "inside job". For what it's worth, I believe that the email address quoted in the email header is valid and that any response from that address is also official.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that IRCC would not use information from this and other forums, especially if that information is brought to their attention by a third party. It's quite possible that they were contacted by someone who saw the original August 2017 post and reported it.

Best option is to check his cic account for sure it has been updated there regarding visa status...if it is still valid or already cancelled.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Best option is to check his cic account for sure it has been updated there regarding visa status...if it is still valid or already cancelled.
Not necessarily. Many visa offices bypass MyCIC (eg, PR applications where they email PPR directly to the applicant and do not update MyCIC). He has to contact the visa office directly, whether by email or a case specific enquiry, if he wants confirmation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@kfay2019
Please do not post and re-post the same email multiple times.

You had received several replies to these posts (including two threads in the Visitors section which were deleted for inexplicable reasons + two threads in the 'Temporary Residence in Canada' sections).

I would recommend you write to the official email address which is posted on the IRCC website i.e. riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca Note: 'riyadh' has an 'i' which is the correct spelling. You can request the visa office to confirm if your friend's TRV is still valid.

Do NOT reply to the email you have received i.e. from RYADHVISA@international.gc.ca

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
@kfay2019
Please do not post and re-post the same email multiple times.

You had received several replies to these posts (including two threads in the Visitors section which were deleted for inexplicable reasons + two threads in the 'Temporary Residence in Canada' sections).

I would recommend you write to the official email address which is posted on the IRCC website i.e. riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca Note: 'riyadh' has an 'i' which is the correct spelling. You can request the visa office to confirm if your friend's TRV is still valid.

Do NOT reply to the email you have received i.e. from RYADHVISA@international.gc.ca
Ok I apologize next time I don't post again

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok I apologize next time I don't post again
No need to apologize. It's just that some good advice which was earlier given you is no longer available because those threads were deleted twice.

Your friend's case is quite unusual. Someone in a similar situation would also have been quite concerned.

One thought:
Your friend provided his real name + his email address when he sought advice in the Refugees section of this forum. Just maybe someone who does not wish well for him, complained to IRCC about your friend's intentions to apply for asylum. That probably lead IRCC to investigate his case.

I find it quite implausible that IRCC has the time and the resources to run checks/search open sources and public forums.... on a regular basis.... for information about visa holders several years after Canada visas were issued.

But to avoid the risk of falling prey to a phishing email.... it would help if you email the Riyadh visa office ('riyadh' with an 'i'). Do not hit the reply button to the email that your friend received