+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancelation of Immigration Agent

Naseeer

Aug 18, 2006
Dear all
Good Day,
i have problem with my immigration consultant, total package for fees is 2700usd, out that intail 750$ after file arives 500usd balance after interview from CHC, as per contract i paid him around 750$ as intial amount to file my application to london CHC, now he mailed me my file # has come from CHC and requesting to give the balance amount 550$, l replied them I just want to ensure about the file# in CIC website once I ensure I will send the DD, he is not accepting, this issue is under dispute, i think he is cheating me or my aplication is with him and now he will not refund 750Usd however i have to loose it. as per the agent he submitted the file on 1st week of July 2006.
Now I am planning to withdraw only the representative form from CHC form # IMM-5476,
can you please clarify the following questions:

1 If a send cancellation forms I have to write a cover letter to CHC London including with form about the history of the agent what happen with me.

2 CHC will retain my application with the same amount (processing fees) if the agent paid or they will ask new application with another 550CDN to reapply or they will accept my request to release the file #.

based on your answers i will decide to send the forms to CHC london.
Sorry for big letter
Thanks Regards
Naseeer

yagana

Jan 2, 2006
hi i went through the same problem nothing will happen just get the form fill it and write a cover letter too with ur name and passport no details and an address where u will like to recieve mail u will get all papers there u dont have to repay the application fee. our lawyer was in chicago

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
[flash=200,200][/flash]

I would like to know if this consultant is legal? As all immigration consultants must have a liscence with Canada in order to operate and his liscence with his number must be on his letters and hanging on the wall of his office.

kormad

Jan 7, 2007
Dear Naseer,

Please check the following web site:

http://www.csic-scci.ca/indexE.html

Regards

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
Really, I was wondering the same thing. I guess it is hard to know who to trust when you are in another country and relying on this person.