+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel Visa application

ashisht

Aug 3, 2010
Can anyone give me some information about cancelling the visa application ? How long will they take to send the passport back. It's been more than 3 months and taking ridiculously long for them to make a decision. If I miss the session for this fall, I may not get another chance of assistantship and hence it's better if I don't waste my time. I browsed the website, but there is very less information about cancellation procedure. Anyone ???

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
ashisht said:
Can anyone give me some information about cancelling the visa application ? How long will they take to send the passport back. It's been more than 3 months and taking ridiculously long for them to make a decision. If I miss the session for this fall, I may not get another chance of assistantship and hence it's better if I don't waste my time. I browsed the website, but there is very less information about cancellation procedure. Anyone ???
So your in the same boat as i am lol...Did you applied under SPP?? anyways i am going to cancel my visa application after this week...I called vfs and they told me that there are 2 ways to withdraw your application..1st is to go to VFS with a "Request to withdraw your application" with proper resoning on it 2nd is to go directly to the canadian high commission and withdraw it...I think the guard on the embassy gate give you something to fill and than you take it inside and they give you your passport back within 48 hours..I am going directly to embassy..

But do write a letter explaining why you want to withdraw your application..Bye and i hope that helps..

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
why you people gona cancell.......you effort for collection of docuements..........well normally viasa are finalized within 30 to 90 days if they taking more time then it will be positive response for u so wait some more time............... 8) 8) 8)

ashisht

Aug 3, 2010
@icecool222,
Thanks that helps. I applied under normal category. And it's already been more than three months :(. I'm certain they are checking our background as per this link www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/facts/security.asp. The information seems false doesn't it. If everyone would go through rigorous security check then no-one should get the visa in 2 days or 10 days.

@heartbeat,
well, we have to wait for another session now and that too is not certain :(. It just doesn't seem fair and I sort of have a knack of not wasting my time on something fruitless. so i'm gonna search for other opportunity, where they think I'm not a terrorist :D

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
ashisht said:
@ icecool222,
Thanks that helps. I applied under normal category. And it's already been more than three months :(. I'm certain they are checking our background as per this link www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/facts/security.asp. The information seems false doesn't it. If everyone would go through rigorous security check then no-one should get the visa in 2 days or 10 days.

@ heartbeat,
well, we have to wait for another session now and that too is not certain :(. It just doesn't seem fair and I sort of have a knack of not wasting my time on something fruitless. so i'm gonna search for other opportunity, where they think I'm not a terrorist :D
getting immigration is not easy.........i did 8 months for collecting the documents and selecting the college and courses but in the end i refused twice :p :p :p :p :p but will take one more chance...........

accordingly you should wait for some more time, dont be panic God has his clock which always strike at time, not late nor early
so be humble and wait some time .......

Hp123

Sep 30, 2018
Can i get a rejection in my student visa i applied 2 week ago...and i have family reasons so i need a visa rejection anyone help me ....if i mail to visa office for my visa cancellation then it is possible