+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cancel spouse sponsorship and sponsor mother?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Is it possible to cancel spousal sponsorship and sponsor my mother asap?? What are the requirements/conditions to do so?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Becksterd said:
Is it possible to cancel spousal sponsorship and sponsor my mother asap?? What are the requirements/conditions to do so?
Somewhat unusual question...Yes, you can contact CIC and withdraw your spousal application as long it has not been finalized yet.
You may also sponsor your parents but you will have to wait until January, 1 of 2016 when the parents/grandparents applications quota will be re-opened.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
According to cic you need to have 3 yrs income statements to sponsor mother. I hope you are asking about applying PR to mother. where as that condition is not there for spouse. when did you land. sponsoring parents is more lengthier process than spouse.

you can start with sponsoring spouse and bring mother on visit

Minimum Necessary Income requirement for sponsors of parents or grandparents

If you are sponsoring a parent or a grandparent, you must submit a Notice of Assessment or Option C print out issued to you by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three years immediately preceding the date of your application. The minimum necessary income requirement, which you must meet for each of the three years is equal to the Low Income Cut-off s (LICOs) plus 30% ,taking into account the number of family members for whom you are or will be financially responsible.

If you reside anywhere in Canada, other than Quebec, you may use the Federal Income Table below to estimate if your income is sufficient to meet income requirements to sponsor. If you have eligible co-signer (spouse or common-law partner) on the sponsorship undertaking, their income will be added to yours as a sponsor.

If you reside in the province of Quebec, you will not be required to submit an undertaking of assistance for the family members you are sponsoring at this time. You will be contacted by CIC when your sponsorship application is assessed. At that time, if you meet federal sponsorship requirements, you will be notified that you must submit an undertaking of assistance to the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (MIDI) of Quebec so that your income can be assessed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Becksterd said:
Why do you want to cancel spousal sponsorship? If you are married, you still have to include your spouse when calculating LICO. It doesn't matter whether that individual is here or not. So if your reason for stopping spousal sponsorship is to lower the LICO required to sponsor your mother, it won't work.

And as others have explained, no - you can't sponsor your mother asap. You have to wait until January 2016. You also have to meet LICO for the last three years. To calculat LICO you must include yourself, your spouse, your mother, your father (assuming he is not deceased and still married to your mother) and also any children you have.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Thank you everyone...

I have some personal reasons for cancelling spouse sponsorship... dont worry I still love him... ahha... you see my mother has no property back home and I am having difficulty bringing her to Canada on visit visa. My father has left her and I am her only child. She has funds in the bank, her health and then whatever I have here along with my husband. My husband can do his PR on his own and come to Canada, but my mother has no other way. I am truly disappointed with the system here, I cannot help her at all and she is living with her sister who is mentally tormenting her everyday. I am running out of options and NOA for last 3 yrs is doable except I just had a baby this yr and I am on maternity leave so I have NOA till 2014 and then my next NOA for 2015 wont be as high due to EI. I don't know how else to bring her here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Becksterd said:
Thank you everyone...

I have some personal reasons for cancelling spouse sponsorship... dont worry I still love him... ahha... you see my mother has no property back home and I am having difficulty bringing her to Canada on visit visa. My father has left her and I am her only child. She has funds in the bank, her health and then whatever I have here along with my husband. My husband can do his PR on his own and come to Canada, but my mother has no other way. I am truly disappointed with the system here, I cannot help her at all and she is living with her sister who is mentally tormenting her everyday. I am running out of options and NOA for last 3 yrs is doable except I just had a baby this yr and I am on maternity leave so I have NOA till 2014 and then my next NOA for 2015 wont be as high due to EI. I don't know how else to bring her here.
If your NOA for 2015 doesn't meet LICO, then I would forget about sponsoring your mother for PR for now. The process takes years (assuming 4+) and at some point CIC will most likely verify your income again. If your 2015 income doesn't meet LICO, your application will be refused (even if you were previously approved as a sponsor).

Have you tried the super visa route already?

Note that canceling your spouse's PR won't make it any easier to sponsor your mother. Just want to make sure you understand that. If you have other reasons for canceling his sponsorship - then no worries.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
scylla... as mentioned before I have tried visit visa... (and super visa) they still require something that will show she will go back home... like property... and she doesnt have that... and we had to provide NOA for past 3 yr for super visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Becksterd said:
scylla... as mentioned before I have tried visit visa... (and super visa) they still require something that will show she will go back home... like property... and she doesnt have that... and we had to provide NOA for past 3 yr for super visa
Super visa only requires 1 year NOA. PR requires 3 years.

Anyway - sounds like a difficult situation. I guess you can try submitting a PR application in January and hope you're not asked for a NOA update.

Good luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Becksterd said:
Thank you everyone...

You could try an H&C (Humanitarian and Compassionate) application for your mom. This way you wouldn't need to follow the rules of parents sponsorship (so no 3 year rule for income or rushing to get app in on 1st day to meet cap, and much quicker processing).

The hard part with H&C is getting it recognized by CIC as a H&C situation. There have been a few posters on here who have successfully sponsored a parent on H&C when the other parent has passed away or separated, and they show there is little to no family support in their home country. If you could show any documented cases of abuse by her sister, that could help her case.

If you were going to proceed with this it may be worthwhile to find a lawyer or consultant who has experience and proven results with H&C applications (not sure how to find a good one though). If you don't qualify under the normal parents sponsorship, you may as well try H&C as there's nothing to lose.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rob_TO said:
You could try an H&C (Humanitarian and Compassionate) application for your mom. This way you wouldn't need to follow the rules of parents sponsorship (so no 3 year rule for income or rushing to get app in on 1st day to meet cap, and much quicker processing).
Except that she needs to be in Canada for them to file an H&C application - and they haven't had any luck with the visitor visa or super visa.