+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel my wife's permanent resident spousal application (in received status only)

sharma2020

May 15, 2020
Hello,
I am a Canadian born citizen who got married to my wife (from India), I've already applied for our spousal permanent residency. The application is in "received" status and has not yet processed. I wanted to know can I still cancel or withdraw my sponsorship for her application? Also is there any grounds for which she can file a case against me or would I be liable for anything if I were to cancel the spousal sponsorship application for her? I don't think I should but wanted to know if anyone has experience or knowledge of this.

Thanks in advance!

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello,
I am a Canadian born citizen who got married to my wife (from India), I've already applied for our spousal permanent residency. The application is in "received" status and has not yet processed. I wanted to know can I still cancel or withdraw my sponsorship for her application? Also is there any grounds for which she can file a case against me or would I be liable for anything if I were to cancel the spousal sponsorship application for her? I don't think I should but wanted to know if anyone has experience or knowledge of this.

Thanks in advance!
You should be able to withdraw her application. Just be careful the justification you provide because it can be damaging to your wife’s immigration history. This way she may be able to find other immigration recourse if she wants to stay in Canada.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
You no longer want her? Can I have her number then? :)