+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cancel my canadian landing

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your situation and what is it you want to do? If you are already landed, you cannot cancel it. It has already happened and is written in Canada immigration logs. If you have not already landed and you don't want to, then don't do it. Your visa will expire.

Petrus

Oct 16, 2008
ghiaskhan said:
Its a bit strange,Why would you cacell landing after going through a such a lengthy application process.?
Oh, weird things happen! I applied for a PR status as a skilled immigrant in 1996, and got my visa in 1997. I landed in Canada, planned to stay there, but had to return home to Lisbon due to family matters. Circumstances in life changed, I was not able to return for an entire year. In those days, the law said you could not be away for longer than six months without a good reason. Having two sick elderly parents going through pain and surgeries was not a valid reason to stay away for that long, according to a cannadian immigration officer at the embassy in Paris.

Years later, in 2007, when I returned to Canada for a holliday, I was grilled by immigration officers for hours. Apparently, I could not return to Canada with my Portuguese passport without canceling my immigrant visa (I thought it was canceeled already). Apparently, you have to go to a Canadian embassy and give them back the "Record of Landing" document, and sign a paper. Only then will they see you as a tourist if you return to Canada again, and have a nationality that exempts you from travel visa requirements.

I decided to apply again in 2003, and the process, this time, took 5 years... Being Portuguese, I can live and work anywhere I want in Europe, where wages are higer than in Canada these days. So I wonder why the hell am I doing this!

ghiaskhan

Yes things and circumstances change with the change of time.If you really understand that Canada is no more a place for settlement for you . Do straighten the things. But do keep in mind you will face difficulties even in future trips to canada.Though every thing is settled by you. Things will stay in Big brothers "computer" memory & will keep alerting the Immigration officers.