+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancel Application for Illegitimate son

rmarjes08

Apr 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I included my illegitimate son in my application here in Canada together with my legal family. He"s done with the medical examination but hadn't had a passport yet. The Passport processing in the Philippines is quite difficult to issue since you need to schedule it within the available date. I am worried that this will cause my application to refuse.
My question is, will it be just fine if I canceled him in my application? How it will affect my legal family application status?
Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I included my illegitimate son in my application here in Canada together with my legal family. He"s done with the medical examination but hadn't had a passport yet. The Passport processing in the Philippines is quite difficult to issue since you need to schedule it within the available date. I am worried that this will cause my application to refuse.
My question is, will it be just fine if I canceled him in my application? How it will affect my legal family application status?
Thank you in advance.
You cannot drop your son from your application - he must be included.

rmarjes08

Apr 18, 2018
Thank you Scylla,
What if he still doesn't have his passport when it's already needed? I have read from the CIC Requirements that it is just necessary for the family member to be medically examined even if he couldn't come. Is that mean that I can cancel him and just submit his medical record?
Please explain.
Thank you once again.

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
> I have read from the CIC Requirements that it is just necessary for the family member to be medically examined even if he couldn't come.
That's correct.
Keep record of all the communications with him or his legal guardians. If times comes IRCC wants his passport and he doesn't have one, you can write a letter of explanation. It is unlikely that your application will be rejected for something totally out of your control.

>Is that mean that I can cancel him and just submit his medical record?
No, you can't just cancel him (if you do, this will cause troubles with your application - including rejection).

Reactions: rmarjes08

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
Thank you in advance.
BTW. In Canada (or Canada immigration terms), there is no such thing as "illegitimate" son. He is either your son or not.

rmarjes08

Apr 18, 2018
> I have read from the CIC Requirements that it is just necessary for the family member to be medically examined even if he couldn't come.
That's correct.
Keep record of all the communications with him or his legal guardians. If times comes IRCC wants his passport and he doesn't have one, you can write a letter of explanation. It is unlikely that your application will be rejected for something totally out of your control.

>Is that mean that I can cancel him and just submit his medical record?
No, you can't just cancel him (if you do, this will cause troubles with your application - including rejection).

Thank you Shannon.