+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadians require visa to enter U.A.E

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
I guess the Sheiks of Dubai were really offended due to the fact that they couldn't get Emirates Airlines to operate 6 days a week non-stop from Toronto to Dubai

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/theuae/2010/November/theuae_November294.xml&section=theuae&col=

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Here is another link from Globe and Mail, its really interesting how this is playing out in Canada- U.A.E economic relations:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/uae-envoy-explains-tit-for-tat-visa-demand/article1791860/

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Doesn't really matter.......there are plenty of other countries where Canadians enjoy visa-free entry for tourism/pleasure.
If anyone really wants to go to UAE, they can apply and obtain a visa.

UAE is overrated these days anyway.

Hanadi-Al

Dec 24, 2010
Every country in the world has its right to decide who needs to obtain a visa before coming and who doesnt.
In UAE case, I see it fair since UAE nationals need a visa to visit Canada, so why should Canadian be allowed without it? although I used to visit Dubai every year without need to issue this visa.. but again it is up to them

it is a game I guess..!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanadi-Al said:
In UAE case, I see it fair since UAE nationals need a visa to visit Canada, so why should Canadian be allowed without it?
If thats the case then why did Canadians not need visa in the first place.

Hanadi-Al

Dec 24, 2010
newtone said:
If thats the case then why did Canadians not need visa in the first place.

In UAE, in the first place they were looking for a strong economic relations with Canada, the waver of the visa is one step, but since Canada is not interested in these ties and is not happy with more flights from there, then mind can be changed..
Im just trying to figure it out, and this is what I ended up to.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is quite common for countries who want to attract tourists to waive visas from other nations. For example, Mexico does not require visas from citizens of Canada, the U.S.A. and even Canadian PRs. However, this can easily change if the country gets mad at the country they waived and they feel they don't need money from them, which seems to be the case here.