+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadians contact

valente

Mar 21, 2017
Hi Future Canadians,

Have you tried contacting Canadians who work on the position you want? Knowing how your field is in Canada from the people working there could be a huge advantage.

Any thoughts?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can connect with such people on LinkedIn.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
valente said:
I agree. But are they replying back and helping you?
I havent started doing that. I will do it once I get COPR and have a fair idea of my landing date.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
valente said:
I agree. But are they replying back and helping you?
Depends on what kind of help you are looking for.. No one will hand you over a job, if that is what you mean.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you are in Canada, you need to actively network with people but if you are outside Canada you have to use online resources. This also depends on the industry you work in.

valente

Mar 21, 2017
foodie69 said:
Depends on what kind of help you are looking for.. No one will hand you over a job, if that is what you mean.
You are totally right! The job would be impossible, but what about how were the challenges they faced while looking for a job in that field and how they got it. Which technology or specialization is more recognized.

If you have the contact of some Canadians who work in your field, which kind of question would you like ask them?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you have a niche skill that is in demand, you can get a job easily. If you are just like everyone else, you will face competition.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Before I came here years ago, I used linkedin to contact people. On my first visit to Vancouver I met a few, just to discuss options. When I finally came over, none of them were able to help. But at least I tried..

Despite this, I got a job within 2 weeks of landing and have been working ever since.

valente

Mar 21, 2017
foodie69 said:
Before I came here years ago, I used linkedin to contact people. On my first visit to Vancouver I met a few, just to discuss options. When I finally came over, none of them were able to help. But at least I tried..

Despite this, I got a job within 2 weeks of landing and have been working ever since.
Awesome, foodie69! Congrats for the early job after only 2 weeks from landing! Unfortunately, it is harder than that for most of us! And it is hard to have some contacts to help you, for sure.

Does anyone else had or is having a different experience?

Cheers!

Dannyblazer07

Mar 24, 2017

Aug 18, 2017
Toronto
Hi Future Canadians,

Have you tried contacting Canadians who work on the position you want? Knowing how your field is in Canada from the people working there could be a huge advantage.

Any thoughts?
Hello!

If you speak French, we at ACCES Employment are hosting a Speed Mentoring en Français networking event next Wednesday August 23 in Mississauga, where job seekers have the opportunity to meet with professionals in their field of work. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your professional network by making connections. Please contact me if you are interested.

If you do not speak French, I invite you to check the numerous services and programs offered by ACCES Employment such as a Mentorship Partnership at http://accesemployment.ca/.

Best of luck,

Noelle