+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian work permit holder stuck in India, visa expired

Kaait

Jun 23, 2019
Hey guys!

I will really appreciate if someone can provide thorough suggestions to the situation:

My cousin has a valid Canadian work permit, he is in India cuz of family emergency reason, his travel visa stamp is expired, and VLS in India is not responding to his renewal visa application.

Could he be issued visa from Canada?
Or
Is there any way he can be allowed to come to Canada with Valid work permit?or some kind of letter to any essential reason of travel can be used?
Or
Can he travel to USA? For alternative options or routes kindly let know.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hey guys!

I will really appreciate if someone can provide thorough suggestions to the situation:

My cousin has a valid Canadian work permit, he is in India cuz of family emergency reason, his travel visa stamp is expired, and VLS in India is not responding to his renewal visa application.

Or
Is there any way he can be allowed to come to Canada with Valid work permit?or some kind of letter to any essential reason of travel can be used?
Or

Thanks
1. No to all three questions.
2. He has to apply for and obtain a new TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) from India. Note the processing time posted is 144 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys!

Or
Or

Thanks
He needs a new TRV but VFS are closed at the moment. Technically he could go to the US and apply from there. He will likely be in the US for weeks to months. Would suggest trying the covid email for India. They may able to help you.

Kaait

Jun 23, 2019
He needs a new TRV but VFS are closed at the moment. Technically he could go to the US and apply from there. He will likely be in the US for weeks to months. Would suggest trying the covid email for India. They may able to help you.
Thanks a lot, well noted!

ashmit52

Dec 8, 2020
Hey guys!

Or
Or

Thanks

I am in a similar situation, I had to travel to India due to a family emergency. My TRV has since expired and I have applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on September 12th, 2020.
No response yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in a similar situation, I had to travel to India due to a family emergency. My TRV has since expired and I have applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) on September 12th, 2020.
No response yet
Processing for work permits outside Canada is about 7 months.

SKR_03

Mar 22, 2018
No bro, I applied from India and did biometrics in Dubai. Only biometrics status updated . Waiting from 9 months

ashmit52

Dec 8, 2020
9 months for pgwp, that is concerning. I also submitted my PGWP application from India.
Bionetrics already submitted, waiting since September :(

SKR_03

Mar 22, 2018
9 months for pgwp, that is concerning. I also submitted my PGWP application from India.
Bionetrics already submitted, waiting since September :(
I submitted biometrics recently on dec 13th. U got correspondence letter for biometrics?