CRS - Arranged Employment 0
Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 0

Your overall score 389

My background:
Work permit - here in canada
NOC list = 5232 Other performers, n.e.c. "B"

i have been doing this profession in the film industry since 2016.
Why is my CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience = 0 (i'm a stunt performer in film since 2016 NOC type B)
CRS - Canadian education 0 (I went to school here for business for 2 years not related in my current job in film)

somebody help me out please. feel like canada is unfair.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you self-employed? What were your answers for the questions related to your Canadian education? Did you work during your studies?

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019
Are you self-employed? What were your answers for the questions related to your Canadian education? Did you work during your studies?

Are you self-employed? - self employed
What were your answers for the questions related to your Canadian education?
I answered Bachelors degree, place the name of the school. plus the official school code
Did you work during your studies? - i worked part time does this matter? i reviewed that question
Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program

i would part time but which one gets me the points yes or no?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: martinv1

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019
"Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (such as a co-op work term) doesn’t count under this program."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Your answer regarding your studies does not help me at all to determine whether you answered correctly the forms or not.

i understand now, so in question "Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program"

- i should say "NO" since i was working fulltime and not studying. and this will get me points? i said "YES" last time because i was confused by the question.

also wwhats the diffference betweenn CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 128 & CRS - Canadian education = 0
i noticed they are both in separate categorie. i have a score in the other but zero in another.
i went to school here in vancouver for my 2nd degree. 1st degree is philippines

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
i understand now, so in question "Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program"

- i should say "NO" since i was working fulltime and not studying. and this will get me points? i said "YES" last time because i was confused by the question.

also wwhats the diffference betweenn CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education = 128 & CRS - Canadian education = 0
i noticed they are both in separate categorie. i have a score in the other but zero in another.
Were you attending class at least 15 hours during the week? If yes, then you're a full time student and won't get points. If no, then you can get points.

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019
Were you attending class at least 15 hours during the week? If yes, then you're a full time student and won't get points. If no, then you can get points.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get bonus points for studying in Canada (15 to 30 points). The fact that you are not getting those points is due to your answers related to your Canadian studies.

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019
You get bonus points for studying in Canada (15 to 30 points). The fact that you are not getting those points is due to your answers related to your Canadian studies.
thanks so much for the advice i got + 30 ppints in Canadian Education!!! Now my only problem is CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience = 0

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019

Here is my answers please help!

Date XXX first became qualified to practice in this occupation - June 2016

Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?
YES

Is this job offer for work that is:
full-time YES

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal?
YES

Job Title - Stunt Performer

How many employers made this job offer? - More Than 2
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? (required) NO
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? NO
Employer or company name (required) Help - Employer or company name
Seatosky Stunts, CSA Stunts, Stunts Canada
Contact address of employer or companyVancouver, - BC
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO

Is XXX currently working in Canada? - YES
Does XXX have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES
Is XXX job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - NO "i have OPEN WORKPERMIT from PGWP"
Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) - YES
Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 5232 Other performers, n.e.c. (Stunt Performer) Skill type B
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

Work History

Does XXX have any work history? - YES
Since what year? June 2016 (i graduated Dec 2017 but had started working since june 2016 and school is fulltime but less than 15 hours a week)
This is my current job - YES
Hours per week- 30
Stunt Performer - Self employed

Working legally in Canada during this time? - YES

Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program - NO (i graduated Dec 2017 but had started working since june 2016 and school is fulltime but less than 15 hours a week)
Which of these categories does XXX job fall under? - Work Permit - NO LMIA required

PLEASE HELP! This is my last points to make it into the pool. im currently in 419. :(

LizaSoberano

Mar 23, 2019

YES

full-time YES

YES

An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? NO
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO

Is XXX job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - NO "i have OPEN WORKPERMIT from PGWP"
Has XXX been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) - YES
Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 5232 Other performers, n.e.c. (Stunt Performer) Skill type B
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

Work History

Since what year? June 2016 (i graduated Dec 2017 but had started working since june 2016 and school is fulltime but less than 15 hours a week)
Hours per week- 30

Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program - NO (i graduated Dec 2017 but had started working since june 2016 and school is fulltime but less than 15 hours a week)
Which of these categories does XXX job fall under? - Work Permit - NO LMIA required

PLEASE HELP! This is my last points to make it into the pool. im currently in 419. :(

You're applying under CEC stream right? Why don't you just start your work history from the time you graduated.. if you finished your school Dec 2017, then why not start your work history from January 2018 to present? and I assume starting Jan 2018 you are already working full time as stunt performer right?

Anyways the requirement to be qualified for CEC should be at least 1 year full-time work experience. If you try to start it on Jan 2018 then it will only calculate your full-time work. Excluding the time when you started working in 2016 as part-time.

This is only my suggestion though, you can try and submit your profile and see if it increases your score.

LizaSoberano

Mar 23, 2019

Have you tried to assess your previous degree under WES or any authorized agency? having two or more degrees will also add up to your overall points (one in Canada & another in your home country - but this degree should be assessed by a certain organization such as WES)

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016

YES

full-time YES

YES

Work History

Hours per week- 30

You cannot claim 50 points for the job offer since you are on a open work permit and no LMIA was issued for the job.

martinv1

Apr 11, 2019
Have you tried to assess your previous degree under WES or any authorized agency? having two or more degrees will also add up to your overall points (one in Canada & another in your home country - but this degree should be assessed by a certain organization such as WES)
i have claimed 25 points already on WES