AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
hello fellow members. just now i got a message to check my cic account and to my surprise my score was bumped from 448 to 473. out of curiosity i recheck my score using the cal and it came out to be 448. so, then i realize that i got points for 2 years of work exp in Canada regardless i am going to complete my 2 years of work in Nov. i got into my profile and checked that the work experience goes by month, not date you started working . so it counted 4 month of skilled experience from Aug to Nov 2013. but i actually started working in somewhere mid Aug and ended my job in mid Nov and that's 2.5 months .
even my work exp reference letter say the date i started working . i am a bit confused about what happening and how i am going to show the gap of work?
any help is appreciated.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Baljas said:
hello fellow members. just now i got a message to check my cic account and to my surprise my score was bumped from 448 to 473. out of curiosity i recheck my score using the cal and it came out to be 448. so, then i realize that i got points for 2 years of work exp in Canada regardless i am going to complete my 2 years of work in Nov. i got into my profile and checked that the work experience goes by month, not date you started working . so it counted 4 month of skilled experience from Aug to Nov 2013. but i actually started working in somewhere mid Aug and ended my job in mid Nov and that's 2.5 months .
even my work exp reference letter say the date i started working . i am a bit confused about what happening and how i am going to show the gap of work?
any help is appreciated.
Same situation. My 2 years will be done in September but I already got the points for 2 years. Checked my work history and dates are ok I started working Sep 2013.

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
manidhatt said:
Same situation. My 2 years will be done in September but I already got the points for 2 years. Checked my work history and dates are ok I started working Sep 2013.
Same for me. I have 1 year 11 months skilled experience out of which 1 year in India and 11 months in Canada but since it asks for only the months, I got points for Canada work experience also though it is not complete 12 months.

Also I will not be able to complete 12 months for my Canada job since I am no longer in canada. So I can't wait for 1 month to make my experience 1 year.

It makes me eligible for both FSW and CEC and I also got ITA for FSW. I am about to submit application but now this confusion arose.

Very confusing. They should ask for exact dates if they ought to consider exact dates.

Not sure what to do.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
i think cic doesn't care about the dates you started working. they go by month i guess. what else we can do ? there is no option in the express entry profile page to update the dates. there are just months .
anyone else knows about this situation ? i am sure that's not going to be a misrepresentation

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baljas said:
i think cic doesn't care about the dates you started working. they go by month i guess. what else we can do ? there is no option in the express entry profile page to update the dates. there are just months .
anyone else knows about this situation ? i am sure that's not going to be a misrepresentation
CIC calculator might not have the in-built subtlety to understand this but you certainly do and that is what matters. If you get an ITA based on this, you will most certainly have to decline it for now and wait for an ITA to come your way AFTER you have rightfully earned those points. It will be extremely hard to explain to an officer that you're aware that those points shouldn't be coming your way but you're applying because the system gave those points to you anyways.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Asivad Anac said:
CIC calculator might not have the in-built subtlety to understand this but you certainly do and that is what matters. If you get an ITA based on this, you will most certainly have to decline it for now and wait for an ITA to come your way AFTER you have rightfully earned those points. It will be extremely hard to explain to an officer that you're aware that those points shouldn't be coming your way but you're applying because the system gave those points to you anyways.
Let's say I receive an ITA at the end of August. My experience will be 2 years in the last week of September. Which means I have time till end of October to accept ITA. So if I accept the ITA in the first week of October and submit my documents, do you think this would be fine?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
Let's say I receive an ITA at the end of August. My experience will be 2 years in the last week of September. Which means I have time till end of October to accept ITA. So if I accept the ITA in the first week of October and submit my documents, do you think this would be fine?
Possible. Provided the cutoff in any draw that happens AFTER you rightfully gain those points and BEFORE you submit your post ITA application is higher than your CRS score. Then the officer will still process your application because you qualified for that later-day draw even if you did not qualify in the earlier end-of-August draw.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Asivad Anac said:
Possible. Provided the cutoff in any draw that happens AFTER you rightfully gain those points and BEFORE you submit your post ITA application is higher than your CRS score. Then the officer will still process your application because you qualified for that later-day draw even if you did not qualify in the earlier end-of-August draw.
I hope I get my Ontario nomination by that time ;)

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Asivad Anac said:
So technically I should keep on declining my ita until November? Is that what u mean.?

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Do u think it's relevant to remove my 2 months experience and be at 448 for the coming 14th draw and hope score drops down to 448?

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Baljas said:
Asivad Anac said:
So technically I should keep on declining my ita until November? Is that what u mean.?
So shall I continue declining my ITA forever since I will never complete my 12 months work experience in Canada since I am no longer in canada.

And it has awarded me points for those 11 months considering it as 1 year.

Jefabrown

May 22, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baljas said:
Do u think it's relevant to remove my 2 months experience and be at 448 for the coming 14th draw and hope score drops down to 448?
As long as the 14th draw cut off is less than 448, upu dont need to do anything. Even if you are invited based on 473, cic will recalculate your score and as long as it remains higher than the cut-off score, you will be fine.

So I'd say, leave as is, but only accept ITA if the minimum cut-off is 448 or less.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
To be honest buddy , if I have got 473 points then I should be able to avail the points . What's the candidate fault if the express entry does not have the working dates to be chosen from . And even cic never said not to pick up the ita if this kind of situation persist. Can anyone else has this kind of issue and has to decline an ita because he or she was given points before eligibility?

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
Baljas said:
To be honest buddy , if I have got 473 points then I should be able to avail the points . What's the candidate fault if the express entry does not have the working dates to be chosen from . And even cic never said not to pick up the ita if this kind of situation persist. Can anyone else has this kind of issue and has to decline an ita because he or she was given points before eligibility?
It has happened to many, as per the followup I have done in this forum. The express entry is providing the points for Canadian work experience one month earlier. That is 11months 1day, EE is giving 36points considering as 1year Canadian work experience. 1year 11months and 1day is considered as 2year Canadian work experience and its providing 46points.

Nobody knows whether its a system error or its a CIC programming. But this is consistently maintained for everyone.

In my case I started working from August 2013. I got 11points extra on 1st July 2015, because express entry is thinking that I completed 2year Canadian work experience.

I got ITA on 17th July 2015. I still have 13days short for 2year at the time of ITA. But at the time of eAPR I would have finished my more than 2year Canadian work experience.

Now i have two option, either to refuse or accept the ITA

If I refuse, then if the CIC programming is like this, then I will be wasting my ITA.

If I accept, Then definitely its not misrepresentation, But one possibility is it can be a system error of providing the scores. CIC may not accept ITA. If CIC informs me after 5months then its a big waste of time.

I am planning to call CIC to enquire about this before submitting my application.