Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Hi,

I have a question. I work as a Research Assistant in a University in Canada. My employment has had break (it is not continuous) and was also part time for a few months in between. But overall I will complete equivalent 1 year of work experience next month. Also the experience is not as a student, it is on PGWP after completing studies.

After going through the requirements I understood that I should still get 40 points for Canadian work experience and also qualify for CEC, but just want to confirm. The continuous work experience is only for foreign work and not Canadian work experience right?

Any help is appreciated.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
purohit said:
Hi,

I have a question. I work as a Research Assistant in a University in Canada. My employment has had break (it is not continuous) and was also part time for a few months in between. But overall I will complete equivalent 1 year of work experience next month. Also the experience is not as a student, it is on PGWP after completing studies.

After going through the requirements I understood that I should still get 40 points for Canadian work experience and also qualify for CEC, but just want to confirm. The continuous work experience is only for foreign work and not Canadian work experience right?

Any help is appreciated.
From what I've seen people post, it appears that with non-continuous Canadian work experience, if you have more than a year, you qualify for CEC but you won't receive points for the work experience unless it is Continuous.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
Hi,

Thanks for the information. So will it affect only the 40 points under Canadian work experience or also under skills transferability. Specifically the 50 points under the combination of foreign experience and 1 year of Canadian work experience?

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
purohit said:
Hi,

Thanks for the information. So will it affect only the 40 points under Canadian work experience or also under skills transferability. Specifically the 50 points under the combination of foreign experience and 1 year of Canadian work experience?
As long as you have 52 pay stubs (weekly paid) or 12 salary slip (monthly paid) with min 30 hrs work per week you are good to go..!!
But if you are unable to provide them the above then you would not be considered as CEC applicant with 1 year of full time work exp.

purohit

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
IELTS Request
Initally submitted
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
13-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015
I can provide 12 salary slips. But it will not be continuous. For example I do not have for june and july 2014 but for months before and after that.

So even with 12 slips, even if I qualify for CEC, will I get 40 points under human capital and 50 points under skills transferability (combination of 1 year canadian plus 3 or more years of foreign experience)?? I have 4 continuous years of foreign experience.

applefun

May 21, 2015
From what I have researched, you may be eligible for federal skilled worker, not CEC, as you are on student permit instead of a work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
applefun said:
From what I have researched, you may be eligible for federal skilled worker, not CEC, as you are on student permit instead of a work permit.
The OP state having a PGWP, which is a work permit, not a study permit. The experience is eligible under CEC.

Part-time experience (less than 30 hours per week) is also eligible at a pro-rated value (total hours / 30 = equivalent of full-time work).

What I can't tell you is how this will be evaluated by the EE online system, or what points you will get...