+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian with an issue

cjj

Aug 27, 2015
Hi guys I am a Canadian Citizen currently living in Canada and I am going to sponsor my wife in the near future under the spousal sponsorship category.I was wondering whether It is a good idea to sponsor my wife in Canada and then make my way to dubai for job purposes where I will live and work with her as well(she is a Pakistani citizen) ? or do i get a job in dubai and live with my wife and then from dubai to apply for spousal sponsorship for Canada?.
Anyone knowing the Pro's and Con's on either process and willing to share will highly be appreciated,Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You can do it either way. But for both cases, you need to provide proof that you will leave whereever you choose to live with your wife and move to Canada when/before her PR application is completed.

Although taking up a new job outside of Canada is exactly opposite of that proof.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'd add, a minor consideration but still: if it's a recent marriage, it may strengthen the application somewhat to be living together when you apply. I maybe woulnd't delay applying for four months, but if it's a shorter period of a month, perhaps would.

Has to be looked at in context of the app overall though.

Also note, good idea to update addresses with IRCC throughout.

cjj

Aug 27, 2015
You can do it either way. But for both cases, you need to provide proof that you will leave whereever you choose to live with your wife and move to Canada when/before her PR application is completed.

Although taking up a new job outside of Canada is exactly opposite of that proof.
I agree, but i was looking to just live with her during the waiting phase as processing times have jumped from 12 months-22 months on average so Its not me running away its just that for sanity purposes and family life I would want to live there till I know her application is approved and then come back with her to Canada

cjj

Aug 27, 2015
I'd add, a minor consideration but still: if it's a recent marriage, it may strengthen the application somewhat to be living together when you apply. I maybe woulnd't delay applying for four months, but if it's a shorter period of a month, perhaps would.

Has to be looked at in context of the app overall though.

Also note, good idea to update addresses with IRCC throughout.
Thankyou,will consider that.