+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian wife, japanese husband living japan want to move to Quebec,canada

anne-yuu

Jun 27, 2012
Hi me andy husband are thinking of moving the canada ,quebecy hometown.

We are currently living in Japan.

We are wondering what woul be best for us since we decided that there is nowy we are living appart during the proccessing of the visa, should we apply from japan?

If yes then since im not working in canada and currently have no job or house in canada how can i sponsor him? Can i make my father spousor him?
For the first 2months we are planing on living with my parents.

Or if we just buy ticket and go canada will all the nessecary papers from japan and apply from canada then i would be able to find a job to be able to sponsor him?

Should we hire the compagny for do all the immigration things for you?

One more thing my husband doesnt speak english or french but is more than happy to learn it as soon as we arrive.
Me i was born in montreal so yeah im fluently able to do both french and english.

We are planning on moving back next january so i was wondering if some of you could help us out !

Thanks in advance!

Andree-Anne

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
It seems you can just buy ticket and go to Canada with all the necessary papers from Japan. (See below pasted from CIC website.) Don't hire a lawyer, if you're fluent in English and French, you'll have no difficulty understanding the forms you will need to complete and submit. * * * * * * * *

Visitor Visa Exemptions
Many people do not require a visa to visit Canada. These include:

Citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, *** JAPAN ***, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
anne-yuu said:
We are wondering what woul be best for us since we decided that there is nowy we are living appart during the proccessing of the visa, should we apply from japan?
You can apply from Japan. If you do so, and stay in Japan during processing, you will have to include proof you will be returning to Canada to live once your partner gets his visa.
If yes then since im not working in canada and currently have no job or house in canada how can i sponsor him? Can i make my father spousor him?
You don't need any minimum income or job to sponsor a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner, though you do have to show how you will provide for yourselves once in Canada. You can show proof of your current jobs in Japan, your Japanese income, and any savings. Your father cannot sponsor him.
For the first 2months we are planing on living with my parents.
You should get a letter from your father saying this and include it in your application. It shows proof of your intent to return to Canada; it also shows part of your plan of how you will support yourselves once in Canada.
Or if we just buy ticket and go canada will all the nessecary papers from japan and apply from canada then i would be able to find a job to be able to sponsor him?
You can also do this. Japanese people do not need a visa to enter Canada, so he could come with you as a visitor. You could then start working. This way you would not have to show intent to return to Canada. If your partner is already in Canada when you send in the application, then you can apply outland or inland. Inland takes longer for most visa offices, so I would recommend outland. He can stay in Canada as a visitor while still spplying outland.
Should we hire the compagny for do all the immigration things for you?
Most people don't think hiring a company to do the application is necessary. You can ask questions here. If your case is very complicated, then hiring a company is a good idea, however.

It doesn't matter if he doesn't know English or French yet, though proof he knows one or the other might help in the sense that the visa officer will be more confident that he will be able to find a job.

anne-yuu

Jun 27, 2012
Thx for the long reply!

So even if we get both in canada we can make a request for the visa like if he was not in canada? Is this legal?

Why my father cannot sponsor him? He is a canadian with a job.why not?

And the fee for living in canada are crazy like 1000$ for a visa? In japan at most costed like 100$ ....

Even if i read all the nessesary paper i still dont get where to start... If i want to do the demand from japan what is the first step?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
anne-yuu said:
So even if we get both in canada we can make a request for the visa like if he was not in canada? Is this legal?
Yes. He would be visiting Canada (legally). Many people stay in Canada as a visitor while applying outland.
Why my father cannot sponsor him? He is a canadian with a job.why not?
People can only sponsor certain types of relatives. A son-in-law is not one of the types. Your father can provide a letter or affidavit stating he will help you two out financially when your husband gets his PR visa. Include this with the application.

The first step: read the first posting (by Leon) on the Family Class Sponsorship forum. He explains what to do.