+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visitor visa while Express entry application in process ?

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello

I have already applied for PR under Express Entry and I am waiting on the decision. This will take time.

In the meanwhile, I wanted to go and visit Canada . I already had a Canadian Visitor visa in the past which is expired. Can I apply for a new Visitor Visa while my express entry application is being processed ?

Any risks ?

Thanks

Lady M

Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Hello

I have already applied for PR under Express Entry and I am waiting on the decision. This will take time.

In the meanwhile, I wanted to go and visit Canada . I already had a Canadian Visitor visa in the past which is expired. Can I apply for a new Visitor Visa while my express entry application is being processed ?

Any risks ?

Thanks
No risk,go ahead

skibbz

Feb 14, 2016
Hi Im in a similar situation but I have not submitted express entry application as yet as I was told its too hard. I am currently visiting canada but would love to stay permanently.... My visitors visa has not expired as yet but I want to know if i could apply for the PR and then stay, I have years of working experience in IT and planning to do an MBA in canada but id need to work and build before i can afford to get everything done, whats my best option before visa expires?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
skibbz said:
Hi Im in a similar situation but I have not submitted express entry application as yet as I was told its too hard. I am currently visiting canada but would love to stay permanently.... My visitors visa has not expired as yet but I want to know if i could apply for the PR and then stay, I have years of working experience in IT and planning to do an MBA in canada but id need to work and build before i can afford to get everything done, whats my best option before visa expires?
Your best bet would be to apply under either Federal Skilled Workers Program or the Canadian Experience Class (if you have work experience in Canada), using Express Entry. It is actually not hard, although it is a long process.

aileen8a

Mar 12, 2017
I have the same question. Can you apply for Express Entry while you're on you're vacation in Canada. Visitors Visa's still valid but planning to permanently stay by applying for Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class).

HectorM

Jul 8, 2017
Hello, would I be able to visit Canada (with an american tourist visa and Canadian eTa) while awaiting for my Canadian Student Visa?

Rashu84

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hello sir,
I have applied for express entry for Canada .it is taking long.
Now if I want to apply for tourist visa for vacations with family,should I apply for tourist visa?any risks?
Plz guide