+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visitor/tourist visa online query

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
I have applied for canadian visitor visa through online application.After submission I received submission confirmation message. Now i see one link as "Eligibility Verification". On click it asks about "Select the province or territory of your current educational institution (school)."
And the drop down has all Canadian province name.
I am confused as why I am being asked for this. I just need to visit Canada for tourism not for studying.
Can you help me in understanding why this asked.
Also request you to please let me know how i can get any update on my application status.

I will really appreciate your response to my query.
Thanks in advance for you help.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Mine used to offer to let me apply for some education thing as well. I am also a visitor. I have no idea why it was available, other than it's automatic and lets everyone select it no matter what their status.

If CIC ever made sense, the world would end ;)

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
hey amikety

"other than it's automatic and lets everyone select it no matter what their status." --- I didn't understand automatic?? Do I need to complete "Eligibility Verification" by select any answer from drop downs as they don't apply for my case.

Can you also let me know if there is any call center which answers for online application submission related queries??

thanks in advance!!!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
The Call Centre listed on CIC's website can.

(I'm on my phone, extremely difficult to copy links.)

When I say automatic, I mean the website shows it to everyone, whether its relevant or not.

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Call center listered on CIC is no good.... I cant find any phone number.. I looking for phone number to call from US.
If you any please let me know.
Appreciate you help!

And any idea about "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"?? whats this pls let me know.

Rezipoof

Jun 6, 2013
Hi,
I have also been asked for 'eligiblity verification' and cant get past this step without selecting an Institution in Canada. I am not in nor going to college in Canada. It says I only have 10 days left to fill this in and I've no idea what to do. PLEASE HELP

idawood

Aug 5, 2013
Hi,
Have you got the visa? Did you get any response after the deadline?

I also got this 'Eligibility Verification" form but it is not relevant to me as I have applied for TRV for attending business meetings.

Thanks

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Folks,
Eligibility verification number (EVN) is something else. It is required by the students who are already in Canada and studying. They need it when applying for off campus work permitS. Don't worry about this.

idawood

Aug 5, 2013
Thanks, I got the email asking for my passport but no courier is providing return airway bill to private customers in Denmark, Any idea??

Fullmoon

Aug 13, 2013
Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

On which date you applied ?
just want to know the total time taken by CHC for decision

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idawood said:
Thanks, I got the email asking for my passport but no courier is providing return airway bill to private customers in Denmark, Any idea??
Perhaps the fastest way you can find this information is by calling the CIC call center. You can find the number on the CIC website. Also if you know which Canadian embassy/consulate is responsible for your area, you can email them (but they can take several weeks to respond to your email).

ggss

Aug 12, 2013
CIC call centre number is 1 888 242 2100, once you selected your options by following the automated responses you will reach an agent, once you are there let them know you have query about online application, they will transfer your call to concern department. CIC have a separate set of people who answer online application related questions....hope this will help.

Do anyone know is CHC taking the same for processing TRV application as mentioned on CIC website or more??

gptsingh

Feb 6, 2018
I will be visiting Canada on Visitor Visa shortly.

My daughter completes her class-11 in March 2018 and joins class 12 CBSE board.

Can she get admission in Canada High School even if she has a visitor visa? Does she need to pass any assessment tests to get admission?

I am hoping to get work permit and plan to migrate to Canada by end of 2018.

Kindly suggest.

Regards