+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian University Certificate

jamtocanada

Apr 14, 2019
Still waiting for my gcms notes ordered from September when I emailed them about it they marked it as priority that was 3 weeks ago and still no response.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Still waiting for my gcms notes ordered from September when I emailed them about it they marked it as priority that was 3 weeks ago and still no response.
Waiting could be really frustrating but I don't know why I feel you'll be fine. I am very optimistic. Please keep me informed about any updates.

Haileysmiley

Dec 24, 2019
My application was approved.
wow!! congratulations!!!!!
just to be clear, you have achieved 1 year online certificate course from a Canadian institution, and it counted as a "Two or more ~~~" in your educational category right??
and does it also count as a "Canadian education" ?????

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
My application was approved.
Wow! Big Congratulations.....
I've been looking out for your PPR update

I'm so happy for you.

So aside points for 2 or more certificates, you could claim additional points for Canadian Education with your Continuing Education certificate???

All the best in Canada

Last edited:

jamtocanada

Apr 14, 2019
Wow! Big Congratulations.....
I've been looking out for your PPR update

I'm so happy for you.

So aside points for 2 or more certificates, you could claim additional points for Canadian Education with your Continuing Education certificate???

All the best in Canada
No you don’t get points for Canadian education

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
I actually did the Mcmasters Certificate in business administration just compleetd last week and updated my express entry with it. Only issue I see popping up is they dont consider it as being a one year program even though I did it over two semesters. As a just in case I am going to complete another three courses for the diploma to try again should they reject the certificate. I suppose I will know in a few months if this works and I can probably advise then but would be great if someone else knew to save me th application fee I am now going to spend.
Hi @jamtocanada ,

When you filled out the level of education for this Mcmaster certificate, did you select "One-year program at a university, college, trade, or technical school, or other institute"?
If not what options did you select for this certificate?
The options can be viewed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html (search "level of education").
I also finished the certificate in a span of two terms which is eight months, so I am not sure whether it will be eligible as a one-year program.