+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian TRV - Purpose of Travel

wykrhm

Apr 9, 2018
I've written my own travel itinerary which you can read below.
Any thoughts on is it good or what I should change?

Code:
Purpose of Travel

My purpose of travel is not only to visit my family in Etobicoke (M9B 6C3), but to also take a trip with them to Niagara Falls, Marineland, Wonderland, CN Tower, Burlington, etc.
Below is my travel itinerary (series of events we plan on doing during my proposed stay).
P.S. Considering that my visit is quite lengthy (from July 9th up until the start of September 2018), I will not be able to detail every single day of my stay in Canada, and I hope that you can understand.

July 9th 2018: Arrival at Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ).
July 10 – 12th: Rest and adjust to the new time zone.
July 12 – 16th:  Spending time with family and checking out Etobicoke.
July 17th: Visit to the CN Tower.
July 18 – July 22nd: Shopping in downtown Toronto and visiting “The Royal City” – Guelph.
July 23 – August 1st: Staying home and checking out the city some more, having fun with family.
August 2 – 4th: Trip to Niagara Falls.
August 5 – 6th: Visiting the theme park in Niagara Falls, Marineland.
August 7 – 9th: Resting at home and spending time with family.
August 10 – 15th: Visiting Burlington, ON.
August 16 – 19th: Visit to Wonderland.
August 20 – 28th: Clothes, perfume, candy, chocolate, all-around shopping for the return to Bosnia.
August 29th – September 1st: Walking around Etobicoke, having some coffee and drinks, relaxing.
September 1st: Rest and packing for flight to Zagreb and the return to Bosnia.
September 2nd: Board the flight from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to Zagreb (ZAG).

Reactions: hpatel09

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I've written my own travel itinerary which you can read below.
Any thoughts on is it good or what I should change?
Two months is a very long visit from a visa perspective. You would want to keep your visit to 3-4 weeks max.

You need to make the itinerary more realistic. Surely you won't be walking around Etobicoke for four days at the end of your visit LOL

You would also want to include expense estimates for your itinerary + prove your mom can fund your visit i.e. itinerary + airfare + entrance fees and local travel + hotel stay in the Niagara region + shopping, etc, while your aunt will provide accommodation

wykrhm

Apr 9, 2018
Bryanna, first off - thanks!
On another note, would getting a scanned copy of a plane ticket be a better "proof" of temporary stay than my travel itinerary?
Also, in my Invitation Letter, my aunt disclosed that any expenses will be paid by her, so that should cover the funding.

Canadian TRV allows staying in CA for less than 6 months, thus I think staying for under 2 months should be fine.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
On another note, would getting a scanned copy of a plane ticket be a better "proof" of temporary stay than my travel itinerary?
Don't book any plane tickets before you are issued a visa. You can include flight itineraries (tentative).

Also, in my Invitation Letter, my aunt disclosed that any expenses will be paid by her, so that should cover the funding.
It does not work that way for a TRV. You must prove that you can afford the visit with financial support from your mom. Too much financial dependence on your aunt would indicate weak ties to return to your home country.

Canadian TRV allows staying in CA for less than 6 months, thus I think staying for under 2 months should be fine.
Again, this is not correct. A TRV only allows someone to board the flight to Canada. How long you are actually allowed in for would depend on the assessment made by the officer at the port of entry.... it could be for two days, two months or the max. of six months.

You really would want to keep your visit/itinerary to 3-4 weeks to get a TRV approval

Reactions: bellaluna

wykrhm

Apr 9, 2018
You must prove that you can afford the visit with financial support from your mom.
So I need to get my mom's bank statements for the last 4 months, translate them into English and include them as a part of the Purpose of Travel document?

adykhattak

Feb 4, 2017
hi guys. I am PhD exchange student in Italy and I would like to attend conference in Toronto . I prepared my purpose of travel for only 12 days. is that ok? this conference will end in 02 days but I also want to see some tourist places in Toronto and Niagara falls. I will appreciate your advice.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hi guys. I am PhD exchange student in Italy and I would like to attend conference in Toronto . I prepared my purpose of travel for only 12 days. is that ok? this conference will end in 02 days but I also want to see some tourist places in Toronto and Niagara falls. I will appreciate your advice.
It's difficult to advise without knowing the facts of your case.

1. Which passport do you hold?

2. When does your PhD program end? What documents will you be submitting for your PhD?

3. Who will be paying for this conference? What documents will you be submitting for this conference and your visit?

4. You need to prove this conference is important for your study program and/or for your career

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
I am enclosing my OWP application along with my spouse Work permit application.

I will be staying with her till the period of her stay.

Any guidance for Purpose of travel ?