+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Travel document denial

W

wonder198

I have applied for canadian travel document to return to Canada, I was away from Canada for family medical circumstances but my application is refused but I have the right to appeal, my question is that would it be better to appeal to the immigration division providing that i have all the supporting documents showing the necessity to be out of Canada or to reapply for immigration to Canada?

Thanks alot,
Best Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

wonder198 said:
I have applied for canadian travel document to return to Canada, I was away from Canada for family medical circumstances but my application is refused but I have the right to appeal, my question is that would it be better to appeal to the immigration division providing that i have all the supporting documents showing the necessity to be out of Canada or to reapply for immigration to Canada?

Thanks alot,
Best Regards,
Why not appeal, and if you are refused, then submit a new application? Since the new application will take 2-5 years anyway.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not a problem to apply for a travel document if your PR status is still valid but once you have been away too long, it depends on if immigration will agree that you had a valid reason for being away. I don't know what the success of such applications is but I am sure it depends completely on the reason people give and possibly if they back it up.