+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study Visa refusal

mukthar7702

Nov 2, 2020
Hi,
I recently received a visa rejection on below following grounds, please help how I can answer these points:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
- No ties in Canada
- I have applied from Oman (I am here on an employment visa, I have attached all the necessary documents) - no family members in oman.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
- It's for studies, I paid all the fees and GIC. I even wrote a 5 page SOP on it. Even mentioned the job prospects in India after studying the course.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
- I am employed, it's related to the course I picked
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
- I attached all the documents showing that I on an employment visa, even with the stamping of the Indian Embassy
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
- I have no intention to return to Oman, I clearly mentioned I need to go back to India.

I have already applied for GCMS notes, Request you to share your experience/ advice so that I can reapply by attaining the above concerns of the visa officer.
Thanks
#canada #studypermit #oman #visarefusal #visarejection #studypermit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Order GCMS notes.
1. The issue is that you are not living in your home country but Oman. So you don’t seem to have strong ties to your home country if you aren’t living there. It shows you will not leave Canada unless you can show that you will return to your home country.
2. Ugh...5 page SOP. Should be 2 pages max. Visa officer will not read that.
3. You are contradicting yourself as you say you are employed in Oman and related to the course but then you say your SOP talks about job prospects in India.
4. Immigration status is a big issue. You should move back to India and apply from there. Show strong ties. Your ties to Oman with job are strong.
5. Again you say you “need“ to go back to India and no intention to go back to Oman. Officials are concerned you will not leave Canada as your job is Oman but you are not returning. Also don’t know your course.

Overall a lot to overcome.

Reactions: mukthar7702

mukthar7702

Nov 2, 2020
Order GCMS notes.
1. The issue is that you are not living in your home country but Oman. So you don’t seem to have strong ties to your home country if you aren’t living there. It shows you will not leave Canada unless you can show that you will return to your home country.
2. Ugh...5 page SOP. Should be 2 pages max. Visa officer will not read that.
3. You are contradicting yourself as you say you are employed in Oman and related to the course but then you say your SOP talks about job prospects in India.
4. Immigration status is a big issue. You should move back to India and apply from there. Show strong ties. Your ties to Oman with job are strong.
5. Again you say you “need“ to go back to India and no intention to go back to Oman. Officials are concerned you will not leave Canada as your job is Oman but you are not returning. Also don’t know your course.

Overall a lot to overcome.
Thanks for replying bro,

I am planning to exit the country by canceling my current visa (Employment Visa of Oman) and re-apply from India. I hope it will eliminate 4/5 rejection grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I will wait for GCMS notes and redraft my SOP.

Do you think I am answering all of their concerns? Please advise if anything needs to be added.

Thanks again.:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying bro,

I am planning to exit the country by canceling my current visa (Employment Visa of Oman) and re-apply from India. I hope it will eliminate 4/5 rejection grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation

I will wait for GCMS notes and redraft my SOP.

Do you think I am answering all of their concerns? Please advise if anything needs to be added.

Thanks again.:)

Leaving Oman may help but hoe long have you been in your home country. Have you been working there? What family do you have in Canada? You still have to address the limited opportunities your your home country. I would wait until you get GCMS.

Reactions: mukthar7702

prash469

Sep 27, 2021
Hi Everyone.

I haven't applied for the student permit yet but reading these forum makes me feel I have less chance in obtaining the visa. I am a NONSDS applicant

I worked in UAE for 4 years and in Oman for 4 years. I will be applying for my Canada student permit next week from Oman and my employment visa will expire in Oman in another 4 weeks.

I am 28 years and got an offers from a DLI for 2 years diploma in Marketing. The first year semester fee is already paid and my my course is closely related to my work experience for the past 8 years.

I have written a SOP for two pages about my education gap and also will be providing evidence of my bank statements in Oman and back in home country. majority of my funds are in my back home banks. I am a complete self funded student and paying all my fee with my savings.

I have no families in Canada or in Oman. my mother and sister is living back home. can this be a strong family tie ? I have no property in my name or in my parents name. I have mentioned about returning back to home country on job prospects on the course I will be studying.

I have a few travel history like UK, Kuwait and Singapore for visit.

my current sponsor is not willing to provide me a employment verification letter. do you think this will be a question from VO.

I am attaching these addition documents.

1. SOP
2. Police report from UAE and Oman
3. Bank statements from home country and oman
4.recemmondation letters and service letters from current and past employers.

do I need any more documents.

on your experience how likely do you think I should proceed. I am almost about to apply for my visa next week, but reading all the forum makes me feel I won't get a chance.

do let me know your experience.

mukthar7702

Nov 2, 2020
Hi Everyone.

I haven't applied for the student permit yet but reading these forum makes me feel I have less chance in obtaining the visa. I am a NONSDS applicant

I worked in UAE for 4 years and in Oman for 4 years. I will be applying for my Canada student permit next week from Oman and my employment visa will expire in Oman in another 4 weeks.

I am 28 years and got an offers from a DLI for 2 years diploma in Marketing. The first year semester fee is already paid and my my course is closely related to my work experience for the past 8 years.

I have written a SOP for two pages about my education gap and also will be providing evidence of my bank statements in Oman and back in home country. majority of my funds are in my back home banks. I am a complete self funded student and paying all my fee with my savings.

I have no families in Canada or in Oman. my mother and sister is living back home. can this be a strong family tie ? I have no property in my name or in my parents name. I have mentioned about returning back to home country on job prospects on the course I will be studying.

I have a few travel history like UK, Kuwait and Singapore for visit.

my current sponsor is not willing to provide me a employment verification letter. do you think this will be a question from VO.

I am attaching these addition documents.

1. SOP
2. Police report from UAE and Oman
3. Bank statements from home country and oman
4.recemmondation letters and service letters from current and past employers.

do I need any more documents.

on your experience how likely do you think I should proceed. I am almost about to apply for my visa next week, but reading all the forum makes me feel I won't get a chance.

do let me know your experience.
Brother, i advise you to fly back to india and apply from there.
Abu dhabi high commission is harsh..

I have seen people with 15 years of GAP getting PPR when applied from home country.

Reactions: prash469