+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study Permit

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
I got admitted to the University of British Columbia for masters and I was denied visa twice on the grounds that I do not have travel history and that the VO is not convinced that I will leave Canada after my stay.
Now, I also got admitted to the University of Manitoba for an undergraduate studies and I want to reapply for a study permit for the third time.
Which of the Acceptance letter do I use: the masters or undergraduate so as to avoid a third denial?
I am thinking of applying for the study permit using the undergraduate studies since I have been denied twice when I used the Masters studies.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I got admitted to the University of British Columbia for masters and I was denied visa twice on the grounds that I do not have travel history and that the VO is not convinced that I will leave Canada after my stay.
Now, I also got admitted to the University of Manitoba for an undergraduate studies and I want to reapply for a study permit for the third time.
Which of the Acceptance letter do I use: the masters or undergraduate so as to avoid a third denial?
I am thinking of applying for the study permit using the undergraduate studies since I have been denied twice when I used the Masters studies.
what is your last qualification?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Why do you want to change course? It will show to the visa officer that you are not interested in studying and have no intentions of returning home.

It doesn't matter which acceptance letter you show. It does not change the fact that you will not leave Canada at the end of your stay. In fact you reapplying again shows how desperate you are and will more more likely to be denied than your previous attempts.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
You already have a Masters so it is definitely not a good idea to go for undergraduate studies. You should apply for Masters and explain what you are going to specialize in. May be a particular course that you did not study in the past or a course in which you plan to practice in future.

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
Why do you want to change course? It will show to the visa officer that you are not interested in studying and have no intentions of returning home.

It doesn't matter which acceptance letter you show. It does not change the fact that you will not leave Canada at the end of your stay. In fact you reapplying again shows how desperate you are and will more more likely to be denied than your previous attempts.
I am not changing course. The masters admission I have is for Law which is the course I studied in my undergraduate studies. I was admitted for University 1 undergraduate program in University of Manitoba in which I still intend to study law. I applied for the university of Manitoba course because the masters admission I have in UBC would be expiring by Fall 2020 and if I dont resume by then, I will loose the admission. I intend leaving Canada after studies but I really need the international study experience because of where I work.

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
You already have a Masters so it is definitely not a good idea to go for undergraduate studies. You should apply for Masters and explain what you are going to specialize in. May be a particular course that you did not study in the past or a course in which you plan to practice in future.
The masters I got admitted for in UBC is exactly what I studied in undergraduate degree in my country, I explained all these in my SOP but I was still denied a visa.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
The masters I got admitted for in UBC is exactly what I studied in undergraduate degree in my country, I explained all these in my SOP but I was still denied a visa.
well, in that case it looks like you are duplicating studies and you will be spending a lot of money for doing so. I hope you understand that this will not make any sense to the visa officer. It clearly shows that you are not spending on the education but spending on your long term plan of staying here. You need to prove what difference Canadian studies are going to make to your career and how there is a logical progression from your past studies.

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
well, in that case it looks like you are duplicating studies and you will be spending a lot of money for doing so. I hope you understand that this will not make any sense to the visa officer. It clearly shows that you are not spending on the education but spending on your long term plan of staying here. You need to prove what difference Canadian studies are going to make to your career and how there is a logical progression from your past studies.
I really understand, but I made research there are gaps in the field which is not covered in my field of studies but from the Canadian curriculum, I covers the gaps and it would be of great achievement to me in my place of work because the gaps inevitably makes my office loose clients. This is exactly why I choose the masters course in common law or on the alternative, an undergraduate studies in university of manitoba.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I really understand, but I made research there are gaps in the field which is not covered in my field of studies but from the Canadian curriculum, I covers the gaps and it would be of great achievement to me in my place of work because the gaps inevitably makes my office loose clients. This is exactly why I choose the masters course in common law or on the alternative, an undergraduate studies in university of manitoba.
There is nothing you will gain at the expense of going for another education, only that you intend to not leave Canada at the end of your visit, which is explicitly mentioned in your refusal letter.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
I am not changing course. The masters admission I have is for Law which is the course I studied in my undergraduate studies. I was admitted for University 1 undergraduate program in University of Manitoba in which I still intend to study law. I applied for the university of Manitoba course because the masters admission I have in UBC would be expiring by Fall 2020 and if I dont resume by then, I will loose the admission. I intend leaving Canada after studies but I really need the international study experience because of where I work.
You are Changing course. First you applied for Masters course in UBC, then you changed to university of Manitoba. That's changing, how do you not understand such simple concept?

The visa officer will review your documents and will see your previous applications trying desperately to get into Canada on a study permit without any interest to study, going by the fact that you changed course, thinking that will help you but it will only hurt your chances more.

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
You are Changing course. First you applied for Masters course in UBC, then you changed to university of Manitoba. That's changing, how do you not understand such simple concept?

The visa officer will review your documents and will see your previous applications trying desperately to get into Canada on a study permit without any interest to study, going by the fact that you changed course, thinking that will help you but it will only hurt your chances more.
Thanks for your advice. I will automatically drop the University of Manitoba ungergraduate course and use my Masters in UBC for this third aplication because it has been the masters I used for the previous two applications. No lies, I am desperate to come for the masters in Canada because there is a position I want to be in my office which the knowledge I will get from this study that could quicken my promotion to that position. Without this studies, it would take me a longer year to be promoted to that level. I have intentions of leaving Canada after my stay.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for your advice. I will automatically drop the University of Manitoba ungergraduate course and use my Masters in UBC for this third aplication because it has been the masters I used for the previous two applications. No lies, I am desperate to come for the masters in Canada because there is a position I want to be in my office which the knowledge I will get from this study that could quicken my promotion to that position. Without this studies, it would take me a longer year to be promoted to that level. I have intentions of leaving Canada after my stay.
If you have already been denied, it is very likely you have a higher chance of being denied again, if you're still insisting that you have intentions of leaving Canada. No, the visa officer does not care what your intentions and assumptions are. They are going based on your documents you submit. If your documents indicate that you do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, then you will not be issued a study permit.

Arthur68

Mar 20, 2018
If you have already been denied, it is very likely you have a higher chance of being denied again, if you're still insisting that you have intentions of leaving Canada. No, the visa officer does not care what your intentions and assumptions are. They are going based on your documents you submit. If your documents indicate that you do not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, then you will not be issued a study permit.
Thanks. However, what do you advice I do, how do I address this in my SOP, what documents should I show to prove my intentions? Or do I totally forget about the studies and the study permit?