+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study permit rejected from Pakistan

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Hi All,

I am Canadian National living in Alberta for last 4 years. My brother in law has applied for Canadian study permit from Pakistan and was rejected. He did Masters in Computer Science and bachelors in commerce. He applied for a diploma program in GIS in SAIT. He just got the CAIPS Notes and the reason of rejection is that the VISA officer is not satisfied with the admission in Diploma program after having a Masters degree in Computer Science and also family ties in Pakistan. Though He tried to get admission in university but because of low GPA he was not able to get it. He submitted a letter of sponsorship from his sister living in UK and showed 25000 CAD $ of bank statement. I have vetted his SOP and letter of explanation which focus on why he selected SAIT, his program of study and why he selected Canada which I felt was fine.

I am now thinking to sponsor him for his study permit but I feel he may get objection after having a sponsorship from his sister living in Canada since it may jeopardize his position ( purpose of stay).

Can Somebody help me what is the best course of action in this scenario? Does anybody knows of any genuine consultant who can resolve this puzzle?

Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Hi All,

I am Canadian National living in Alberta for last 4 years. My brother in law has applied for Canadian study permit from Pakistan and was rejected. He did Masters in Computer Science and bachelors in commerce. He applied for a diploma program in GIS in SAIT. He just got the CAIPS Notes and the reason of rejection is that the VISA officer is not satisfied with the admission in Diploma program after having a Masters degree in Computer Science and also family ties in Pakistan. Though He tried to get admission in university but because of low GPA he was not able to get it. He submitted a letter of sponsorship from his sister living in UK and showed 25000 CAD $ of bank statement. I have vetted his SOP and letter of explanation which focus on why he selected SAIT, his program of study and why he selected Canada which I felt was fine.

I am now thinking to sponsor him for his study permit but I feel he may get objection after having a sponsorship from his sister living in Canada since it may jeopardize his position ( purpose of stay).

Can Somebody help me what is the best course of action in this scenario? Does anybody knows of any genuine consultant who can resolve this puzzle?

Thanks
Brother you need a solicitor to reapply your visa. There are number of immigration law firms in Canada. They can do it for you. Its all about documentation and SOP. Plus if you go through them it will be considered positive as well. I know one of them but cannot write it here. If you are interested let me know i will send you details at email. They are quite expansive 8k CAD $

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks
You already got the answer from the GCMS notes. A master degree holder in computer sciences applying for diploma course in geographic information systems doesn't make sense even in normal circumstances and for visa related matters the visa officer would definitely raise his eye brows when he sees this and he would consider this just this as an attempt to get entry into Canada. Your cousin should try to secure admission in some specialized field in computer sciences at masters level. There are universities offering M.Eng level courses in networking like UoA, UoV, Dalhousie University and ryerson university and once admission is secured then apply for visa.
Finances seems to be fine. No need of consultant but if you guys can afford then I suggest you talk to Attorney David Cohen.

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks for your detailed analysis. He had 5 years of experience in GIS in Pakistan thats why he applied for this diploma though he has masters in computer science. He tried to get admission in ufa, ufc and dalhousie but his cgpa of 2.5 didnt him much. Whats your suggestion how should he proceeds from here?

You already got the answer from the GCMS notes. A master degree holder in computer sciences applying for diploma course in geographic information systems doesn't make sense even in normal circumstances and for visa related matters the visa officer would definitely raise his eye brows when he sees this and he would consider this just this as an attempt to get entry into Canada. Your cousin should try to secure admission in some specialized field in computer sciences at masters level. There are universities offering M.Eng level courses in networking like UoA, UoV, Dalhousie University and ryerson university and once admission is secured then apply for visa.
Finances seems to be fine. No need of consultant but if you guys can afford then I suggest you talk to Attorney David Cohen.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your detailed analysis. He had 5 years of experience in GIS in Pakistan thats why he applied for this diploma though he has masters in computer science. He tried to get admission in ufa, ufc and dalhousie but his cgpa of 2.5 didnt him much. Whats your suggestion how should he proceeds from here?
Given that he has already worked in GIS for 5 years there is no real need for the diploma. Having at least 2 siblings immigrate to Canada and the UK points to a likely plan to settle out of Pakistan. He has the option to immigrate through express entry or PNP. He may have to further his education in Pakistan, better his IELTS scores or work some more but given. His low marks probable rules out a masters or PhD program in Canada.

syed1214

Jul 7, 2018
Thanks alot for your valuable feedback. I will take one more try for his study permit against all odds.

Given that he has already worked in GIS for 5 years there is no real need for the diploma. Having at least 2 siblings immigrate to Canada and the UK points to a likely plan to settle out of Pakistan. He has the option to immigrate through express entry or PNP. He may have to further his education in Pakistan, better his IELTS scores or work some more but given. His low marks probable rules out a masters or PhD program in Canada.