+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian study permit refusal

aijaz3

Oct 7, 2019
Hello,
I am a Pakistani citizen living in USA on a F1 visa since 2017.
I applied to canadian study permit with Fanshawe college acceptance letter twice in 2016 and both applications were refused.
After that i applied USA study visa and got 5 years multiple entry F1 visa.
This year in March I applied for Canadian visitor visa and i got 4 years multiple entry visa.
After i visited canada i decided to transfer to some canadian university. I applied to memorial university got the offer letter and i appled for visa in July 2019 which got refused and reasons were 1: Purpose of Visit 2: Financial status. I reapplied with the same offer letter for September semester in August 2019 again it was refused giving only one reason 1: Purpose of Visit. I dont know what to do. I feel bad having 4 study permit refusals in my immigration records. I am studying in the USA since 2017, have traveled to Uk, Canada, Turkey and UAE. I have strong home ties. Whole family lives in Pakistan. Dad is a government employee + have properties in pakistan. I have been visiting Pakistan from USA every semester break.
I just wanna know should appeal against it in the federal court? How much it will cost me ?
Or should i reapply for the 5th time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given al, your attempt to apply plus your time as a student in the US it will really be tough to prove that you plan on returning to Pakistan. Applying from within Canada is much more difficult than applying from home. Assume you want to settle in Canada if you have applied so many times. Have your ordered CAIPS?

aijaz3

Oct 7, 2019
Given al, your attempt to apply plus your time as a student in the US it will really be tough to prove that you plan on returning to Pakistan. Applying from within Canada is much more difficult than applying from home. Assume you want to settle in Canada if you have applied so many times. Have your ordered CAIPS?
No, I have ordered GCMS Notes online. Does these study permit refusals hurt my immigration records ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, I have ordered GCMS Notes online. Does these study permit refusals hurt my immigration records ?
No you can apply for PR with study permit refusals. They are not related. Would not apply for any more permits until you get the notes. You also may have difficultly extending your visitor status. Did you extend your visitor status? It is unclear when you entered Canada.

aijaz3

Oct 7, 2019
No you can apply for PR with study permit refusals. They are not related. Would not apply for any more permits until you get the notes. You also may have difficultly extending your visitor status. Did you extend your visitor status? It is unclear when you entered Canada.
Noo. It was my first time visitor visa and its valid for 4 years. I visited canada once before applying for the study permit in July 2019.
I have heard after every two years the immigration record get refresh/ they remove the refusals.
I am just worried that these 4 study refusals will effect my visitor visas chances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Noo. It was my first time visitor visa and its valid for 4 years. I visited canada once before applying for the study permit in July 2019.
I have heard after every two years the immigration record get refresh/ they remove the refusals.
I am just worried that these 4 study refusals will effect my visitor visas chances.
Visitor visa is valid for 4 years but you are not able to stay for 4 years. When you entered CBSA determined how long you could stay on this visit. If there is no time limit specified you can stay for 6 months but must extend your stay. Applying to extend your visitor status 1 month before expiry is recommended. No records do not get erased after 2 years.