+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Study Permit and HIV Positive and HepatitsB

Jay0999

May 3, 2018
Hello there,

In the year 2016, i was trying for overseas education. I got the admission and everything was kicking in but before i could apply for visa, i found out that i was HIV+ and had reactive HepatitisB. I had cancelled my admission as i was confused and saddened by the news. I started the treatment right away and they are non-reactive and have undetectable viral load. I'm thinking about applying for study permit again. I do not know whether i should go ahead with this or not. I've been informed by the college that my health status are in no way a trouble for my admission into the college. However, i'm aware about the fact that i maybe denied a visa. HELP!

kingdaibon

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hello there,

In the year 2016, i was trying for overseas education. I got the admission and everything was kicking in but before i could apply for visa, i found out that i was HIV+ and had reactive HepatitisB. I had cancelled my admission as i was confused and saddened by the news. I started the treatment right away and they are non-reactive and have undetectable viral load. I'm thinking about applying for study permit again. I do not know whether i should go ahead with this or not. I've been informed by the college that my health status are in no way a trouble for my admission into the college. However, i'm aware about the fact that i maybe denied a visa. HELP!
Sorry for your situation brother, stay strong.

You can get the study visa but your medical would be rejected most probably. Just mention it in your SOP how you will take care of yourself and not be a burden on the Canadian healthcare system. You might or might not get the visa, it’s all 50/50 but yes you can apply, your condition does not prohibit you from pursuing your dreams

Reactions: Jay0999

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hello there,

Jay,

can i ask you where are you from?

Go ahead a give it a shot, you can either get it or rejected. You wont know unless you apply.

kingdaibon

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hello there,

I checked, Hepatitis could be a problem but HIV positive people aren’t rejected because of human rights laws in Canada related to temporary visas. So you have a chance bro best of luck.

Jay0999

May 3, 2018
I checked, Hepatitis could be a problem but HIV positive people aren’t rejected because of human rights laws in Canada related to temporary visas. So you have a chance bro best of luck.
Hey!

That seems confusing.. I thought Hepatitis-B wouldn't a problem. I'm aware of the fact that it is more contagious than HIV, however, i'd still like to go ahead with this procedure as i've been on treatment for over an year and half, with viruses inactive, and healthy as any other individual. I also plan to carry meds, get my meds imported from India, make possible visits back home for medical reasons when i can, take private insurance etc. I'm not too sure how i would go about it but i'm starting with just a ray hope

Also, I've a background in Hospitality and Tourism. I've come to read about a few individual who contributed to economy so well that It had great benefits than the risk it posed on public funds or excessive demands.

I may end up losing a lot money but i would absolutely not leave my chance for a fresh start in life.

Jay0999

May 3, 2018
Sorry for your situation brother, stay strong.

You can get the study visa but your medical would be rejected most probably. Just mention it in your SOP how you will take care of yourself and not be a burden on the Canadian healthcare system. You might or might not get the visa, it’s all 50/50 but yes you can apply, your condition does not prohibit you from pursuing your dreams
Hey, I'm gonna give my all just beginning the application soon as i can.

KPN

Mar 17, 2017
Hello,
What's ur status now as u applied for student visa? Please give answer, i really want to apply, it will help me. Thanks

A777

Jul 13, 2019
but did you pass the medical? cause someone earlier in this thread said that being hiv positive will not cause you to fail...?

anyway whats your profile? How did you know you had hiv? the embassy/clinic contacted you directly?
I don't know yet if I'll pass the medical. They just told me that is very difficult to pass. I knew because I took a private medical exams. Did you pass the medical?

brian_1989

Nov 9, 2019
Hi kirinfrost, what did you do in order to get approved by the study permit even though you're HIV positive?
Oh sorry, my bad. I was under the impression that everyone here is poz and sharing the same experience. No offense meant. So by any chance, would you have any advice on how to deal with being poz and applying for a long term study permit in Canada?