gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
student_2013 said:
Hi,

I am applying for study permit for Masters Course (2 Years, 30 Credits). But due to less number of credits, I may not get 3 years PGWP.

Can I complete this Masters degree in 1 Year and then join 1 Year Post Degree Diploma in a college, (coz my study permit will be valid for 2 years), to earn 30 more credits and make credit count as 60 (30 from Master + 30 from Post Degree Diploma)?

After completing my Masters, will I have to apply for study permit again before joining the Post Degree diploma or notify CHC that I have completed one course and going to study another one? will they allow me to do so?
ya sure you can complete your 2 masters (only Taught Based) in 1 year by completing more courses per semester,, for example if in normal mode (2 year master) you have to complete 3 subjects per semester then if you can complete 3*2= 6 subjects then it will reduce your degree duration to half.

for example if you have visa valid for 2 year then after completing your Masters in 1 year, you can go for more 1 year Post Graduate Diploma/ Certificate in same field relevant to Masters or close or your previous experience and you don't generally need to inform CIC about this because you have still 1 year visa validity and you are on legal status in canada, but if you are bite with honesty insect then you can inform CIC about this.

you don't require new study permit,, study permit can be required in such cases if you left your masters and applying for the course which is having lower credentials (Secondary Diploma) than masters.

tc...

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Barath Bax said:
Hi,

Please reply to my query...

how to satisfy visa officer

1)course is relevant
2)finance
3)Will leave the country after authorized stay

Thanks,
Barath
1. with SOP or by choosing the right course relevant with your previous qualification and /or experience.
2. by purchasing GIC @ CAD $ 10,000 + paying 1 year Tuition fee,
3. VO will look this self in your file... u don't need to worry about this... ha ha ha

tc...

Ankit vyas

Aug 24, 2013
gkb8062 said:
this all depends on the Visa Class in which you are applying.

suppose if you are applying under FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program) and if you Score enough points but i think still you need min. 6 months of experience.

this does not matter you have done Masters and/or PhD, you will get special treat, rules are same for everyone, everyone have to pass through same pipe.

after Masters successfully, you are eligible for 3 year PGWP , then after doing just 6 months job you are fully eligible for MPNP (Manitoba PNP)/ BCPNP (British Columbia PNP)/ AINP (Alberta PNP), rules have changed now for SINP (Saskatchewan PNP), under SINP, if you have done your diploma/certificate/degree course outside Saskatchewan province then you have to wait for 2 years , you have to do a job for at least 2 years with Saskatchewan employer then after that you can file for PR application.

so better option for is that after Masters, move to above provinces, get 6 months job experience and if your employer is willing to sponsor your for PNP, ur job done.

tc..

thnks

i had one doubt that if i am doing pg course of 1 year in ontario...then whts the possibility of pr or pnp after my studies..
waiting for ur response

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ankit vyas said:
gkb8062 said:
this all depends on the Visa Class in which you are applying.

suppose if you are applying under FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program) and if you Score enough points but i think still you need min. 6 months of experience.

this does not matter you have done Masters and/or PhD, you will get special treat, rules are same for everyone, everyone have to pass through same pipe.

after Masters successfully, you are eligible for 3 year PGWP , then after doing just 6 months job you are fully eligible for MPNP (Manitoba PNP)/ BCPNP (British Columbia PNP)/ AINP (Alberta PNP), rules have changed now for SINP (Saskatchewan PNP), under SINP, if you have done your diploma/certificate/degree course outside Saskatchewan province then you have to wait for 2 years , you have to do a job for at least 2 years with Saskatchewan employer then after that you can file for PR application.

so better option for is that after Masters, move to above provinces, get 6 months job experience and if your employer is willing to sponsor your for PNP, ur job done.

tc..

thnks

i had one doubt that if i am doing pg course of 1 year in ontario...then whts the possibility of pr or pnp after my studies..
waiting for ur response

so if you completed 1 Year ( 3 semester) diploma/ certificate course , you will avail 1 Year PGWP, so you have 1 year in your hand to search the job/ employer so that after getting job, you can extend your visa for next 2 years (so called work permit), then get 6 months job experience and fully eligible for PR under PNP stream. job done.

tc..

Ankit vyas

Aug 24, 2013
gkb8062 said:
so if you completed 1 Year ( 3 semester) diploma/ certificate course , you will avail 1 Year PGWP, so you have 1 year in your hand to search the job/ employer so that after getting job, you can extend your visa for next 2 years (so called work permit), then get 6 months job experience and fully eligible for PR under PNP stream. job done.

tc

i have one year 2 semester course is that ok?

sidhu92

Star Member
Jun 21, 2013
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2014
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2014
gkb8062 said:
first let me tell you that Canadian education system is different from Indian education system.

ok i explain you with an example so that you can understand very well what i am trying to say.

suppose you have B.Tech- ECE and suppose if you apply for Masters in Indian then you are not concerned much about the department, type of Masters, type of degree... i means after B.Tech sure you will go with M.Tech.. then you will see mostly taught based degree on Indian Uni websites and within seconds you can make ur decision with what degree you can go with M.Tech VLSI Design, Embedded System Design, ECE, Power Electronics, Optoelectronic, Medical Electronics etc. etc. you are not concerned much about department. according to Indian System M.Tech is of 2 years and you have no provision that you could complete it before 2 years ,,, you have to spent 2 years by pain & gain..

BUT CANADIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM is different.

so in you case.

when you will visit the University website you will see " School of Graduate Study " and further exploring you will see "Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering" OR " Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering", so if you have undergraduate in Electronics/ Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering then this is the right place for you.

so if you further explore the " Departmentof Electrical and Computer Engineering" you will see the following options:

1. Taught/ Course based Masters (MEng.)
2. Project based Masters (MSc.)
3. Research/Thesis based Masters (MSc./ MASc.)
4. Co-op (Industry linked) Masters

so you have to choose according to your interest.

now further exploring, you will see lots of subjects/course and among them some are core/fixed which you have to study for one semester and for rest semester you can select which you like to study (this is the option for Taught/ course based Masters). so in last you will get a degree like Masters of Science (MSc.)/ Masters of Applied Science (MASc.)/ Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computer Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/Electrical Engineering with detail of your subjects you have taught.

but in case of MSc. (Research/Thesis Based), first you need a supervisor then you have to select the Research field inline with department current research.

so for complete detail always advisable to visit concerned department and look for the 1. type of Masters 2. Major option

so according to your profile following Major are possible in your field:

1. Microelectronics
2. Nanosystems
3. VLSI Design
4. Computer Engineering
5. Software Systems
6. Optoelectronic
7. Embedded System Design
8. Communication (Wireless, Mobile and Communication)
9. Biomedical Engineering
10. DSP
11. ASIC/ SoC
12. CAD and EDA

and lots other Majors. so check your university website and department for latest happening.

YOUR OPTIONS:

1. 2 year Graduate Diploma Programs
2. Masters (MSc., MASc,. MEng.)

if interested for college specifically then good options can be come out other than electronics courses.

if feel i missed or forgotten to mention then kindly again ping me..

tc..
thank u for your reply...

but i want to ask you that if i can apply for 2 year diploma as i have done btech and it would not degrade my education and futhermore will not make any difficulties in my visa application???

And if i can apply then can you plz suggest me some diploma or any other 2 tear courses in alberta (preferrably in edmonton) as would like to pursue my education there...

thank u in advance :)

Barath Bax

Star Member
Dec 29, 2013

For the above as Im falling under non-SPP, I have paid my complete tuition fee and education loan approved letter for about 12 lacs..

Is this fine?

please clear me on this..

ironhorse777

Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
IELTS Request
08-11-2014
File Transfer...
16-06-2014
Med's Request
03-06-2014
Med's Done....
03-06-2014
Passport Req..
13-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet.
I just checked the vfs website and got to know most of the documents I need to collect to apply for a study permit. I just have a few questions regarding the "Proof of Funds", My dad is a businessman and he will be sponsoring me (through bank balance mostly) for the entire duration of my studies.

I want to know what are the different documents my dad has to provide for the same?

How to prove that I will return to Canada after the completion of my studies and family ties etc (I'm naive about this)?

Can I take medical exam a month or so before applying for visa?

Is obtaining a GIC must under general category?

Best method of payment of tuition fee for the first year?

My Profile
-----------
10th-83%
12th-75%
BE(Mech)-7.37 (Overall)
IELTS-8.0
1.5 years working experience

Cheers!

Barath Bax

Star Member
Dec 29, 2013
Hi,

Please clear me on this...

For the above as Im falling under non-SPP, I have paid my complete tuition fee and education loan approved letter for about 12 lacs..

Is this fine?

please suggest me!!!!

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gkb8062
Hello,
I have been endlessly researching and have written to few universities asking the same question; however the answers I received is not precise. I am now more confused than before. I am hoping to receive some answers to my questions below.

Questions:

• 1. B.com in 1996- I wish to purse Business Management in Canada. Is my education gap from 1996 - 2014 a problem?
    2. What can I do to fulfil the education eligibility requirement to pursue a 2 year bachelor diploma in Canada?
    3. Overseas education agents in India say that my education gap since my last education from 1996 till now is a huge problem for positive visa and also Canadian Universities will not accept me. Is this true?

I finished my 3-year bachelor's degree in Commerce from India in 1996 but I have been working since grade 12. After my degree, I went on to work full time mostly in Business administration, consultancy area for past 18 years.
    I also have a Diploma in Personal Secretarial course (1 year) in 1998 and I have done certification course in Graphic design in 2013. Besides this, I have given my IELTS test and i am expecting my results this friday. I expect excellent scores as my english is pretty good.

Now I would like to do a 2-year Business Management program from Canada to upgrade my skills. Will the gap in years of my education be a barrier? How do I overcome this?

How do I go about it? Any suggestions will be hugely appreciate.
    Thank you very much

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got rejected once in sep,2013. I think the main reason was my acadmic record.I've 62% in my bachelor . I had lot's of backlogs. How much are chances of geting visa if i applied again. if i can get higher degree from country with good marks then , Is it possible to improve some chances of getting visa ? Send me your email if really want to help me, I can send you my docs. Thanks

Gurvinder kaur

Jan 3, 2014
Plzzzz urgent help. M in canada now.but now i find out my college is unregister here what i will do i just came here 10 days now

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidhu92 said:
thank u for your reply...

but i want to ask you that if i can apply for 2 year diploma as i have done btech and it would not degrade my education and futhermore will not make any difficulties in my visa application???

And if i can apply then can you plz suggest me some diploma or any other 2 tear courses in alberta (preferrably in edmonton) as would like to pursue my education there...

thank u in advance :)

as you have done B.Tech then you should go for Graduate Diploma programs (2 Yr)/ Graduate Certificate (1 Year) OR u can go with 1 Year PG Diploma/ Certificate Programs. and it will not degrade your Qualification.

if you go with Post secondary Diploma then it degraded your Qualification.

let me know your B.Tech Branch then i can suggest you better option for you regarding course and college.

tc..