gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parteek said:
hello sir
i am going to apply for visa on tuesday .....i have got loan of 19 lacs against property.i am showing property evaluation of 1 crore {i also have a caluation eport of agriculure land worth 74 lacs but i am not ataching as its ownership papers are in punjabi language}and parents itr of 6.57 lacs.paid one sem fees by myself...on my loan letter it is mentioned that "disbursement will be made after getting the visa"

i am aplying for masters in info system security mngmnt
my profile:-
btech in IT 76 %(1 backlog)
Diploma in comp engg 66%
ielts 6 (5.5 in reading) acceptable by university
i have made a sop tating about my education,pojects that i have made,jobs oppertunities in india fo information security professionals,attaching one year experience certifiate of network engineer
please let me know bout my chances....and advice me about wt extra documents i can attach
@ parteek,,,

1. ur B.tech IT backlog can put u in trouble.
2. u have to arrange English Translation of Agriculture Land registry ,,, kindly attach its Punjabi lang. photocopies plus english translation, plus other agriculture land record papers ,, if they are in punjabi,, get english translations of all .. kindly arrange all these papers by visiting PATWARI of ur area (FARD+ JAMABANDI)+ REGISTRY+ ENGLISH TRANSLATION +VALUATION REPORT by certified and approved valuer/ architect) thats it..
3. then get financial report by certified CA by showing your all financial papers.. (must)
4. your SOP should be well prepared, strong enough to convince the VO.
5. IELTS can also make a problem as u have 5.5 in one module..

any way do these all and hope for the good result...

sahitan

May 10, 2013
@ gkb: have you come across any case wherein the applicant has made some mistake in the application??(have already asked about my case specifically but need some more clarifications)....if yes then does the VO reject the visa application outright or he asks for rectification in the application by sending the appropriate forms again to CHC...??

Bajaj007

Oct 6, 2013
gkb8062 said:
might be the reason :

English 10th- 38 marks
English 12th- 49 marks

gap in between 10th & 12th

now u have the option to apply under general again..

so prepare with these and can apply again otherwise switch to other countries like Australia, UK, NZ, USA

. SOP- make this a string point
. Financial Proofs beyond GIC and Tuition Fee Receipt (strong cash in bank in the form of saving a/c, current a/c, FDR fixed deposit, RD, ur parents PPF/EPF/GPF, other investment like Insurance Policy, Bonds, gold, credit limit etc) and get paper proofs of all these.
. GIC
. Fee receipt of coll. tuition
. property valuation report from approved valuer
. Financial report from approved CA (Charted Accountant)
. good CV/ Resume

anything else ask,,,
I APPLIED UNDER GENERAL CATEGORY... AGAIN GOT REJECTION.. WITH SAME REASON :(

Splurgenxs

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gkb8062 sir

My profile i s as Such ,

10th -78%
12th -69%

Gap of 2 years

BCA - 62%
Ilets -7.0 no less than 6.5

Filing my Visa under SPP -
-Loan of 15 laks ready ,
-Payment to College for First sem fees done.
-GIC PAid waiting for Certificate.
-Medicals Done
-All academic documents ready

My advisor says that in spp i need nothing more than My SOP,GIC ,Medicals ,Academic Copies , College Fee transcript and Visa.

Sir What are my Chances and Am i doing enough?

WaqasTariq

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
I got medical request from embassy.
I wanna know
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
1) how to get appointment with doctor ( i have emailed on friday, no response so far, they don't receive phone calls)
2 what are steps after medical is done and submited.
how long it take to issue visa
( i have applied online)

sanues

Nov 13, 2013
Hi gkb8062,

I have submitted my student visa application in general category at Chennai VFS office on 18th October 2013 and,the file got received at Canadian High Commission New Delhi on 21st oct and my application is still under processing.

Its now passed one month and on 21st Nov I got a reply from embassy for my inquiry that they are waiting to receive my satisfactory medical results and once the same are received the processing of application will resume..

But I did pre medicals before applying visa (30th Sep) and attached the sheet along with my application. Now I again checked with the hospital regarding this and they updated me that they have already submitted it. So I replied to embassy the same and provided the reference number also. Could you please advise me why such reply came from embassy ? Please advice me whether I should do anything from my side regarding this.

My profile is:

Got admission in University of Waterloo for MASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering (in the area Computer Software) with funding through research assistantship.
My funding covers my entire tuition fee and some part of my living expense. In addition I have shown education loan for the rest of my living expense in my application.

10th : 94.33%
12th : 95.83%
B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering): 83.90%
3 years of experience as Software Engineer
TOEFL : 86
Medicals done before applying.
Submitted SOP along with application.

And please advice me the chance of getting my visa. Awaiting your reply.

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WaqasTariq said:
I got medical request from embassy.
I wanna know
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
1) how to get appointment with doctor ( i have emailed on friday, no response so far, they don't receive phone calls)
2 what are steps after medical is done and submited.
how long it take to issue visa
( i have applied online)
kindly find the link for your Question and check ,,, if still in problem let me know..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

[url]]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp

take care...

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sahitan said:
@ gkb: have you come across any case wherein the applicant has made some mistake in the application??(have already asked about my case specifically but need some more clarifications)....if yes then does the VO reject the visa application outright or he asks for rectification in the application by sending the appropriate forms again to CHC...??
i can't comment on this as no one know what will be the decision of VO on this point.. as this clearly mention that u should attach checklist on top ,,, check mark against which applicable to you,,, put ur name and sign...

VO simply reject/ grant ur visa... no other communication as far my experience speak...

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanues said:
Hi gkb8062,

I have submitted my student visa application in general category at Chennai VFS office on 18th October 2013 and,the file got received at Canadian High Commission New Delhi on 21st oct and my application is still under processing.

Its now passed one month and on 21st Nov I got a reply from embassy for my inquiry that they are waiting to receive my satisfactory medical results and once the same are received the processing of application will resume..

But I did pre medicals before applying visa (30th Sep) and attached the sheet along with my application. Now I again checked with the hospital regarding this and they updated me that they have already submitted it. So I replied to embassy the same and provided the reference number also. Could you please advise me why such reply came from embassy ? Please advice me whether I should do anything from my side regarding this.

My profile is:

Got admission in University of Waterloo for MASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering (in the area Computer Software) with funding through research assistantship.
My funding covers my entire tuition fee and some part of my living expense. In addition I have shown education loan for the rest of my living expense in my application.

10th : 94.33%
12th : 95.83%
B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering): 83.90%
3 years of experience as Software Engineer
TOEFL : 86
Medicals done before applying.
Submitted SOP along with application.

And please advice me the chance of getting my visa. Awaiting your reply.
that is the later things that you will get visa or not...

first and important point is about ur medical requirement...

i personally advice you to make a appointment with embassy and walk in physically with your application submission slip, Medical slip (u hav already) and talk to them,.. there will be a sol only embassy/ consulate have where u have submitted file.. may be something happen wrong ... may be your previous medical slip away somewhere... to err the human... so it can be happen with anyone.. may be ur hospital has submitted but not reached to embassy ... lots of things can happened so go to embassy and submit them again... or go to hospital and ask them to submit again.

you will never get anything over email communication.. wastage of time...

ray_lev

Oct 9, 2013
Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gkb8062 , you seem to helping people a lot. Hope you could help me too here :( . Could you please tell me "Is it a good idea to trust the rental ads on craigslist? i heard most of those are fraud and scam. Its very difficult for me finding house to stay in Canada coz I've no one there. How people manage to find accommodations? Any suggestions? "

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Splurgenxs said:
@ gkb8062 sir

My profile i s as Such ,

10th -78%
12th -69%

Gap of 2 years

BCA - 62%
Ilets -7.0 no less than 6.5

Filing my Visa under SPP -
-Loan of 15 laks ready ,
-Payment to College for First sem fees done.
-GIC PAid waiting for Certificate.
-Medicals Done
-All academic documents ready

My advisor says that in spp i need nothing more than My SOP,GIC ,Medicals ,Academic Copies , College Fee transcript and Visa.

Sir What are my Chances and Am i doing enough?
ya its right ... its just required what u mentioned above... ur profile is good except some academic gap...

sanues

Nov 13, 2013
gkb8062 said:
that is the later things that you will get visa or not...

first and important point is about ur medical requirement...

i personally advice you to make a appointment with embassy and walk in physically with your application submission slip, Medical slip (u hav already) and talk to them,.. there will be a sol only embassy/ consulate have where u have submitted file.. may be something happen wrong ... may be your previous medical slip away somewhere... to err the human... so it can be happen with anyone.. may be ur hospital has submitted but not reached to embassy ... lots of things can happened so go to embassy and submit them again... or go to hospital and ask them to submit again.

you will never get anything over email communication.. wastage of time...
Hi,
Is it possible to make an appointment and talk to them in person. Could you pls suggest the procedure for making such appointment. Most peoples are telling me that we cant talk to them directly.
I did inquiry and the reply through the case specific inquiry portal in from their site. I had a copy of my medical sheet provided by hospital, i replied to the embassy by attaching the scanned copy and mentioning my file number. So can I expect that this will make my application processing continue ?.

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ray_lev said:
@ gkb8062 , you seem to helping people a lot. Hope you could help me too here :( . Could you please tell me "Is it a good idea to trust the rental ads on craigslist? i heard most of those are fraud and scam. Its very difficult for me finding house to stay in Canada coz I've no one there. How people manage to find accommodations? Any suggestions? "
some tricks that can help you..

1. don't trust on such websites ,,, they can be a scam...
2. if you don't anyone ,,, if u r punjabi or from any religion... go to sikh temple near by your coll/ uni... ask for help there for arranging accommodation sure you will get some solution there..
3. visit ur coll./ uni . International student office / center and aks them for accommodation help.. they can give you the list of other students who are in the same situation or who have already space to share...
4. there are some peoples in Canada specially in Toronto who helps to arrange accommodation and charge some dollars.
5. or you can find the help from Canadian local help centers available for International candidates.
6. Google is the best source..
7. if u r studying then talk with your fellow students..

let me know your city, area, college then i can give you some names who can help you.. if you are Indian then they can help you bcz one Indian is providing post landing services around $ 200 includes everything like SIN , opening new bank a/c, accommodation, part time job search help and etc. etc..

if u r in Toronto then its easy for you to find such service providers... they provide service all over Toronto..

open Google search and put Accommodation service providers in area name, city name. or Post Landing Service providers in area name, city name.

i hope you will get in a day.. and don't forget to let me know u found or not.

in next comment i will give you some link where u can talk to service providers..

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanues said:
Hi,
Is it possible to make an appointment and talk to them in person. Could you pls suggest the procedure for making such appointment. Most peoples are telling me that we cant talk to them directly.
I did inquiry and the reply through the case specific inquiry portal in from their site. I had a copy of my medical sheet provided by hospital, i replied to the embassy by attaching the scanned copy and mentioning my file number. So can I expect that this will make my application processing continue ?.
one trick that can work...

walk in VFS office where u have submitted ur application and talk to them... may be some sol. can out.

bcz VFS are broker between applicant and visa office... no harm to ask them,,,

we can't talk to them (visa officer) but we can talk to help office or inquiry office and make appointment and they will give you at least some feedback,,. u r the applicant and u have the right to talk to them regarding ur application. u didn't murdered someone.. u are asking about ur application status.. this is not ur fault so why u feel shame and guilty to ask them.. ask embassy / VFS help or inquiry office not VO directly...

angelic30

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 december 2013
IELTS Request
overall 7
Med's Request
10 feburary 2014
Hi. I got accepted in memorial university and preparing my file to submit visa application . My father is sponsoring me who is working in U.A.E for last 20 years.. Should I submit his bank statement of U.A.E bank or should I transfer this amount to my country first? thanks Smiley