+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Spouse VISA from London for Pakistani citizen

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISa) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will he/she able to apply from UK, the sponsoring partner is working in Canada?

Because for UK time length is 8-months and from Pakistan it will take 24-months. This is more optimum way. But I am not sure can it be doable or not?

Is anybody did it before or hear about it please let me know.

Best Regards,

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Re: Spouse VISA from London for Pakistani citizen

You need to be living legally in the UK for a year or more to apply through London.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Re: Spouse VISA from London for Pakistani citizen

Yes, he is from last 1-year on student visa.

But his study gng to be end in feb, before leaving that if he will apply for Immigration, is it doable?

If you can provide me web link related to that info. that will be appreciated.

Kindly see the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

See this link its written london office only responsible for:

Pakistan: Economic Class (Skilled Worker, Entrepreneur, Investor and Provincial Nominee) applications only

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's legally admitted for one year. But anyway, the link is for economic classes. All overseas spousal sponsorship applications go to Mississauga first. Once the sponsorship is approved, they go to the visa office chosen for processing (as long as the applicant is eligible to be processed there). So that's why it's not on the list, because it must go to Mississauga first.

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, samahmedpk2000
if you e mail me on my mailling address edendevp@yahoo.com
i will guide you pecifecly for pakistani applicant (spouse class) from london
contect me and then i will give you my pakistani phone number thankes.
and give you all answers,INSHAALLAH,

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Also if your case is processed in the London office and you are called for an interview, the interview will be in London. If you are only admitted to stay until February this could be a problem.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes you can apply from London but you need to be legally admitted in the UK for atleast one year as pinklady mentioned above!

february is just around the corner as far as the timeline is concerned, because i have applied in the same category and waiting for the last 5 and half months aprox. and havent heard anything yet from London visa office, a foriegn national's case especially from pakistan can take upto from 6-9 months and chances for interview are most likely, so i will suggest you to have atleast 10 months time in your hand when you apply because in case of an interview it will add up another two months easilly!

hope this helps and others can shed more light!

khan999

Sep 25, 2011
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 28, 2012
Med's Done....
February 15, 2012

khan999

Sep 25, 2011
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 28, 2012
Med's Done....
February 15, 2012
To hsbalouch,

Hi, my husband is in a similar situation, Our wait time begins in July 2012, his work visa expires in December 2012, we want to know what would happen in case he is called for an interview and he is to re-enter london due to an expired visa, and he cannot extend his visa,if its taking 6-9 months for a Pak national,looks like we dont have enough time,what would you suggest in this case?