+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian sponsoring girlfriend... how ... HELP PLS

Jones

Jan 23, 2011
Is there any body that understands the sponsoring of partners, there are answers for familys but not for couples
My boyfriend is canadian and i have come over from the uk to live with him, up untill then we were conjical, now we have no idea what clasification we come under nor exacitly which forms we need to download.
and do i need anything else to enable me to apply for a work permit?
we just keep going round in circles please some one must understand it better :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
You can also have a look in the family sponsorship topic. There is no difference between family and couple sponsorship. Family tends to start with a couple.

Jones

Jan 23, 2011
im sorry but this tells me no more than i already know, was hopeing for more clarification but thanx

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read my sticky on spousal sponsorships on the family topic at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/ It answers a lot of the spousal questions.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jones said:
im sorry but this tells me no more than i already know, was hopeing for more clarification but thanx
There are three classes that could be applicable to you:

1. Spouse - you are married
2. Common-law - you have lived together in a conjugal relationship for 12 consecutive months
3. Conjugal - you are in a "marriage like" relationship for at least one year in that you have joined your lives (and can provide significant proof) although you are not married and are not in a common-law relationship. Very difficult category and only usually approved if there is a bar from becoming one of the other two categories. You can't get married or you can't live together for one year.

Leon gave you the link to the all of the forms that must be completed for ANY of the above categories.

There is no category for fiances or boyfriends/girlfriends as they are not eligible for sponsorship under the family class if they don't meet the above requirements.

Applying for a work permit is a completely different thing. You may be eligible for the IEC. Review the website for the Canadian High Commission in London to see if you meet the requirements for a working holiday permit. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=7
Otherwise, you need a job offer from a Canadian company who has obtained a positive Labour Market Opinion from Service Canada giving them permission to hire foreign workers.

Jones

Jan 23, 2011
Thanx for all the replies, my brain dosnt hurt so much now i have a better understanding
much apricated x

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
I need help to, I've been talking with this Mexican girl for around 2months and would really like her to stay with me for as long as possible. She told me last night that she would need a letter from me stating that I want her to her to come. She then said she could just say she was on vacation, which would be much easier. If she chooses the vacation route then would she be able to stay less time then if I were to send the letter? Also, would the length of time we've known each other affect the overall duration of her stay? The requirements for writing the letter also state that I need to provide the date she'll be arriving and departing. I have slight problem with this cause say she wants to stay longer or depart sooner then the dates that were originally provided, can these dates be changed? Or are they set in stone?

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
ASSMan316 said:
I need help to, I've been talking with this Mexican girl for around 2months and would really like her to stay with me for as long as possible. She told me last night that she would need a letter from me stating that I want her to her to come. She then said she could just say she was on vacation, which would be much easier. If she chooses the vacation route then would she be able to stay less time then if I were to send the letter? Also, would the length of time we've known each other affect the overall duration of her stay? The requirements for writing the letter also state that I need to provide the date she'll be arriving and departing. I have slight problem with this cause say she wants to stay longer or depart sooner then the dates that were originally provided, can these dates be changed? Or are they set in stone?
I'm Canadian btw.... sorry lol

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are basically helping her get a visit visa by writing this invitation. The dates are not set in stone and the immigration officer will decide when she arrives how long she can stay. If they don't specify, she can stay for up to 6 months. If they specify less time, she can stay for less.

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
Leon said:
You are basically helping her get a visit visa by writing this invitation. The dates are not set in stone and the immigration officer will decide when she arrives how long she can stay. If they don't specify, she can stay for up to 6 months. If they specify less time, she can stay for less.
well that's good thx Can the letter be typed? cause I have CP so it's very hard for me to write. Can the letter be simple like, I wish for her to come, and her phone number is.... orr do I really have to think about it before submitting it? Also would a digital photo of my birth certificate suffice or does it have to be photocopied and sent?

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
Ohh and one other thing, she just got a job specifically to increase her chances of getting a visa. Problem is she really hates and doesn't think she can do it. She has another job as well and I told her that should be enough.... especially when she her US visa without a job. But again idk how things work in Canada so if anyone has any info on job requirements that would be greatly appreciated.

adelle90

Feb 7, 2011
please help

hi,i'm new here,i just need your help.i really want to be with my boyfriend but we can't,we've been trying for almost a year now,nothing seems to work.we can't get married for the moment.he's a canadian citizen.we tryed visitor but i just finished school and they said that i don't have any reasons to come back,i got denied.he's been here three times,we have kept the tickets,pictures,receipts everything.Do we have a chance with conjugal.PLEASE help me!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: please help

adelle90 said:
hi,i'm new here,i just need your help.i really want to be with my boyfriend but we can't,we've been trying for almost a year now,nothing seems to work.we can't get married for the moment.he's a canadian citizen.we tryed visitor but i just finished school and they said that i don't have any reasons to come back,i got denied.he's been here three times,we have kept the tickets,pictures,receipts everything.Do we have a chance with conjugal.PLEASE help me!
Answered in your other thread.