+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian sponsoring an American Outland

DaveShirley

May 19, 2018
This is our time line

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 15, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on February 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. We sent you correspondence on March 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  9. We sent you a letter on May 8, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

He passed his physical, sent in his police check Now they have sent his application from Mississiauga to Los Angeles. He lives in Grand Forks ND I'm in Winnipeg Ca Does anyone know why they would send it so far away. One of his letters stated he didn't require an interview at this time. There were problems with schedule A that have been rectified. Does anyone know what they do in Los Angeles? and what the next step might be? Also aprox. how long till they ask for his passport?? Thank You so much for any answers

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is our time line

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 15, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on January 19, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. We sent you correspondence on February 1, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  8. We sent you correspondence on March 15, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  9. We sent you a letter on May 8, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

He passed his physical, sent in his police check Now they have sent his application from Mississiauga to Los Angeles. He lives in Grand Forks ND I'm in Winnipeg Ca Does anyone know why they would send it so far away. One of his letters stated he didn't require an interview at this time. There were problems with schedule A that have been rectified. Does anyone know what they do in Los Angeles? and what the next step might be? Also aprox. how long till they ask for his passport?? Thank You so much for any answers
Apps are transferred to LA when there are issues that likely require an interview. I suggest you request your GCMS notes.

DaveShirley

May 19, 2018
We were married in Nov 2010 My spouse will be 71 in Aug. When he was in stationed in Germany He was convicted of vehicular homicide The trial was through the Army. He was 26 years old. Since then there has been no charges or anything. We never applied earlier because he was able to go back and forth no problems This was over 40 years ago and he had PTSD but there was no diagnosis in those days

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We were married in Nov 2010 My spouse will be 71 in Aug. When he was in stationed in Germany He was convicted of vehicular homicide The trial was through the Army. He was 26 years old. Since then there has been no charges or anything. We never applied earlier because he was able to go back and forth no problems This was over 40 years ago and he had PTSD but there was no diagnosis in those days
Was that fully declared in the application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good to hear. Not declaring it would have meant very serious problems.

As old as the conviction is, given the seriousness of it, I don't know if he could be deemed rehabilitated. If he cannot be deemed rehabilitated, then he will have to actually apply for rehabilitation.

Apply for the notes ASAP, as that is going to give you the best idea of what is happening.

DaveShirley

May 19, 2018
I am applying for my husband who is USA resident outland He was presently on a 3 month visit. What is the best way for him to be in Canada till his application is processed. He has to go back tomorrow. Should he ask for a work visa at the border

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am applying for my husband who is USA resident outland He was presently on a 3 month visit. What is the best way for him to be in Canada till his application is processed. He has to go back tomorrow. Should he ask for a work visa at the border
Visitor status is generally granted for 6 months. Was he given a limited stay?

He doesn't qualify for a work permit.

M

marilamb

You cannot just ask for a work at the border. AS well outland apps cant get work permits.

Reactions: DaveShirley

DaveShirley

May 19, 2018
Visitor status is generally granted for 6 months. Was he given a limited stay?

He doesn't qualify for a work permit.

He goes back and forth for 7 years since we've been married. It always depends on the person at the border when he crosses as to long he can stay. Last time it was 2 1\2 months expiring tomorrow at midnight.