+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian pr's getting 10 year multiple visa to usa ?!

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi,

I have a related question.
Appreciate any comments how to manage this issue at the interview.

Thanks... :) :) :)
Well you need to reschedule the travel after the interview, normally they will tell immediately if it’s approved and add one more week for your passport to be stamped with the visa. Since you are PR in Canada you should get it.

Reactions: SDS

Capy

Mar 13, 2019
Hi all, Can someone please guide me about Canadian Prs applying for a US-Visa as a truck driver. I am an AZ licence holder and currently doing uber. Have received a good employment opportunity from a trucking company here in Canada for runs to US and back but the issue is I do not have a US-Visa. I have enough money to show as proof of funds, wife works as well, children at day care etc. Can uber be shown as a means employment or do i need to find something else? Has anyone done so, please do advise. Much thanks.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all, Can someone please guide me about Canadian Prs applying for a US-Visa as a truck driver. I am an AZ licence holder and currently doing uber. Have received a good employment opportunity from a trucking company here in Canada for runs to US and back but the issue is I do not have a US-Visa. I have enough money to show as proof of funds, wife works as well, children at day care etc. Can uber be shown as a means employment or do i need to find something else? Has anyone done so, please do advise. Much thanks.
If you're a citizen of a country for which a US visa is required, you'll need a B1/B2 visa.
To successfully apply for US temporary visitor visa, you'll need to satisfy visa officer of satisfying ties (job, money...etc) in Canada, making you leave the US at the end of your visit. It also applies to trucking, as it's a business (B1) activity.
Family and children are indeed strong ties. Sounds like you're also okay on funds.
But I strongly doubt that Uber would count as a strong tie, as it's easily breakable by simply not coming back to Canada. Don't use that.
Best bet would be to have your new employer provide you with all documents, including salary information and contract, or probably even apply on your behalf.

Reactions: Capy

Capy

Mar 13, 2019
If you're a citizen of a country for which a US visa is required, you'll need a B1/B2 visa.
To successfully apply for US temporary visitor visa, you'll need to satisfy visa officer of satisfying ties (job, money...etc) in Canada, making you leave the US at the end of your visit. It also applies to trucking, as it's a business (B1) activity.
Family and children are indeed strong ties. Sounds like you're also okay on funds.
But I strongly doubt that Uber would count as a strong tie, as it's easily breakable by simply not coming back to Canada. Don't use that.
Best bet would be to have your new employer provide you with all documents, including salary information and contract, or probably even apply on your behalf.
Thanks very much, I too have my doubts about Uber. I will now have to have a word with the employer to see how this can work out.