+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR Parents Outside Canada + Child Born Outside + RO defaults by 8 months (Not the usual case)

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
Hi All,

I know these queries are discussed here since decades but i dig hours n hours and haven't found the list of all queries. Lemme just quickly walkthru with the scenario, appreciate prompt help:

1. We are PR since Sep 2018 and kid born outside of CA. Currently settled in Singapore & Entire family planning to move to Canada.
2. There are eventually 2 portals to apply TRV. "IRCC Portal"- the new one (link below) & through GCC key one. Few threads mentions that the former is fast. Any comments ?
IRCC Portal-->https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
3. For the IRCC portal while signup its asking "Select telephone number for the country or territory". However its expecting 10 digits telephone number which a country like SG dont follow (8 digits only). To overcome this, shall we use country code+number (since that makes it 10 digits)
4. We plan to stay in AIRBNB for a month before moving to our home. Please advise the address to be mentioned in online application & in our LOE. I watched a video of new IRCC portal & it is defaulted to Canada (non editable)
5. Currently i see the TRV processing time from "Outside of Canada" (Country-Singapore) is 33 days & "Inside of Canada" is 143 days.
In this case should i submit an online application and it will automatically take Singapore processing time (based on my mentioned country of residence)
OR
Should i go to Canadian VAC here in Singapore and submit from there so as to ensure it get processed as per mentioned Singapore processing timeframe.
6. Can we show our SG bank accounts for his financial support in the TRV request ?
7. Please advise on the LOE template. Like many we want to take him on TRV but wants to keep extending it till we meet RO & renew our PR cards. Is it a bad idea to write a LOE if we are short on RO ?
8. Extending my last question, For the purpose of keep on extending TRV what are our options ?
9. Any sample application format (youtube or paper one) we can have for reference, exactly for scenario like ours ?

Any other insights or missed point which we may need to take care, please highlight. Appreciate all the prompt responses in this regards.

Thanks & Regards !

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
Appreciate few insight please guys. We are on a tight rope here. Appreciate all help or please route to the appropriate link/references.

Thanks