+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR - Can i work in a different provinces in canada?

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Hi all,

I am Canadian PR(CEC) since Dec 2016. I already worked in BC for 4 year and 5 month(including Temporary worker time), now i want to work in Ontario , Do you guys think there going to be any problem in my immigration status because of province change ? I am also going to submit citizenship application this week , will there be nay impact on my application ?

Thanks
Robin

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

I am Canadian PR(CEC) since Dec 2016. I already worked in BC for 4 year and 5 month(including Temporary worker time), now i want to work in Ontario , Do you guys think there going to be any problem in my immigration status because of province change ? I am also going to submit citizenship application this week , will there be nay impact on my application ?

Thanks
Robin
1. You can work wherever you want in Canada as a PR.
2. Where you work in Canada has no effect on a citizenship application.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi all,

Thanks
Robin
You as a Canadian PR and soon to be citizen, I strongly suggest to make a better effort to get to know your rights and duties of this country.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
That's a bit uncalled for @foodie69. It can be very confusing to understand mobility rights in the context of PR, especially since some categories (PnP, though not CEC) have letters that talk about a moral responsibility to settle in the province of selection.

Reactions: User1982

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
That's a bit uncalled for @foodie69. It can be very confusing to understand mobility rights in the context of PR, especially since some categories (PnP, though not CEC) have letters that talk about a moral responsibility to settle in the province of selection.
Thanks for your concern..but I don't think it is confusing at all. Read the Charter of Rights and Freedom..

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
thanks everyone for you replies.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi

1. You can work wherever you want in Canada as a PR.
2. Where you work in Canada has no effect on a citizenship application.
Can PNP applicant also move anywhere in Canada after 3 months of becoming PR, if he is unable to get job???

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can, yes. Whether or not there are impacts depends on how you got PR - if it was through some PNP programs, you may get your sponsors or local contacts in some trouble.

Reactions: Manbirsingh

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
You can, yes. Whether or not there are impacts depends on how you got PR - if it was through some PNP programs, you may get your sponsors or local contacts in some trouble.
Got PR through PNP but unable to find job from last 2 months. I also know that if I moves away then the sponsors cannot sponsor any other.
Local contacts means???

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your sponsors.

Be aware that the PNP program may also suspect you never intended to reside in that province and may have concerns over misrepresentation.

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Your sponsors.

Be aware that the PNP program may also suspect you never intended to reside in that province and may have concerns over misrepresentation.
I am trying to get job here but unfortunately till now not able to have any survival job, looking for one more month to stay here and then plan about future.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
I am Canadian PR(CEC) since Dec 2016. I already worked in BC for 4 year and 5 month(including Temporary worker time), now i want to work in Ontario , Do you guys think there going to be any problem in my immigration status because of province change ? I am also going to submit citizenship application this week , will there be nay impact on my application ? snaptube telegram web

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

1, No, and No.