+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Police Certificate and Fingerprints

pea

Apr 23, 2008
Hi,

I know that Canada will request for finger prints and police certificate if required, does anyone know what would make them think that they would require finger prints or not? and will they do their own checks anyway and only request for fingerprints if they think you are dodgy?

As the canadian fingerprint and police certificate thing takes so long to complete, do you think it's worth doing it anyway just in case they ask (so the application and decision making won't be delayed)?

By the way, partner is finnish living in London, UK but studied in Nova Scotia, hence the worry about canadian polica certificate!

Thanks for your help!

pea

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
I'm in a similar situation to you. My wife came here on a working holiday visa a couple years ago. We've decided to go ahead with the application without the fingerprints and police check. It's just the gamble we've decided to take. If requested, we'll get digital prints done with Commissionaires (http://www.commissionaires.ca/) and I've heard that can be a relatively quicker process. I'm not saying we're doing it the best way; we're still learning ourselves, but it's just the route we're going to take.

Emp

pea

Apr 23, 2008
Hi Emp,

thanks for the reply. the website you gave is great! too bad we are not in Canada, we are in the UK. maybe it is worth getting it done just in case? I'm not sure.... London said they will carry out their own checks... and my partner is not dodgy or criminal... I wonder if I should take the risks as well! mm...

thanks for your help anyhow!

pea

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Yes. Include all of the documentation that you can with your original application for the very purpose of avoiding delays