+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport

alphazeta56

Nov 27, 2015
Hi,

I will be getting my citizenship soon (with Decision Made done) and subsequently apply for passport. I submitted my Driving Licencee during my Citizenship application. On All the Immigration Documents (PR card, COPR) my height was recorder as 165 cms. However on my Driving Licence its 168 cms. I submitted same driving licence for my Citizenship application.

Since Passport FORM also requires height to be filled in (But I will NOT have PR card at that time) shall I get my height corrected on the Driving Licence to 165 cm? Because I will be submitting Driving Licence as Identity proof for my Canadian Passport, I am worried that they might create problem. Also, I do not want to write it to 168 cm in passport application, as I have put 165 cm in my Citizenship application.

What shall I do?

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't have to open up new threads with the same topic is the first thing that you should do.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question. If my oath is Wednesday, can I apply for passport friday? or should I wait till monday?

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
You can mention that you are 168cm long and explained that you grew 3cm since your application ;D

Cedarjet my friend was able to apply for a passport in 2 days but if you can wait until Monday then do so, you have waited dozen of years I don't think few days would make a difference!!

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
alphazeta56 said:
Hi,

I will be getting my citizenship soon (with Decision Made done) and subsequently apply for passport. I submitted my Driving Licencee during my Citizenship application. On All the Immigration Documents (PR card, COPR) my height was recorder as 165 cms. However on my Driving Licence its 168 cms. I submitted same driving licence for my Citizenship application.

Since Passport FORM also requires height to be filled in (But I will NOT have PR card at that time) shall I get my height corrected on the Driving Licence to 165 cm? Because I will be submitting Driving Licence as Identity proof for my Canadian Passport, I am worried that they might create problem. Also, I do not want to write it to 168 cm in passport application, as I have put 165 cm in my Citizenship application.

What shall I do?
The best thing you can do is to declare your real height in the passport application and attach a letter with it explaining exactly what you are explaining to us now.
In all government applications and process there is always a lot of room for attached letters and dialogue and explanations. Honesty is always preferable over misrepresentation.
Just write the letter. i'm sure you will have no problem with it.

----------------------

cedarjet said:
I have a question. If my oath is Wednesday, can I apply for passport friday? or should I wait till monday?
You will see all kinds of situations in this forum. I guess what really determines how long does it take to them to put your name in the system is your local office.
The Official instructions (both in the CIC website and the day of the Oath) is to wait two working days before applying for passport. However, I've seen people applying on the same day and having no problem. And I've seen people applying one week later and having a problem.
Best thing to do is to ask the CIC Clerck on your Oath day. They will know when your specific office will enter your name in the system.